DC Gun show finds

PDA

hak
October 4, 2009, 02:13 PM
Back right corner had a "50 rds used" Kimber Custom II Tactical HD for the high $900's - don't have a 1911 yet, so I read up and it seems to have all one would want in a steel framed full size 1911, with the MIM internals upgradable if one wanted to go that route, but the frame and tigger gaurd, and front/back-straps all nicely done, with ambi-safety, it was nice.

Went back this AM and it was gone :)

Trader Jerry's did have about 10 HK P7M8's, about half blued, half hard-chromed. When i picked up my USP 10 years ago, i thought about a P7, but not enough green at the time, then since that time, been looking around for one - seeing the occaisional $750 used one online. This shop was priced well on their other stuff and having a dozen in front of me, let me pick the one I liked best.

Sig and Ruger 556's were 'normal' priced (some disparity between sellers for sure, but some had them at pre-election price levles). MSARs as well were $500 less than their high earlier this year. Plenty of RRA's for $999-1200, and LWRCs were at list, not inflated.

Met the Europtic guys, I hadn't seen them before, very high-end looking booth setup (endcap with wood/glass display cases) they had S&B, Zeiss, NF and TRG's on a back wall display.

Anyways, hope you all made it there, and glad I went and got the slim 9mm I've wanted for a while

If you enjoyed reading about "DC Gun show finds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
benderx4
October 4, 2009, 03:03 PM
Nice find, that's a beautiful P7!

usp9
October 4, 2009, 03:10 PM
Trader Jerry's...one of my favorite vendors. That is indeed a very nice looking P7, but is it a M8? It appears in the pictures to be a heel release P7, not a M8.

jonnyc
October 4, 2009, 09:15 PM
Wait a minute...back up...Is this about a gunshow in Washington, DC???

jaysouth
October 4, 2009, 09:40 PM
Where was the gunshow?

It was not in Washington, District of Columbia.

I have perused Trader Jerry's booth for many years in many different locations and have yet to see a bargan.

atblis
October 4, 2009, 09:50 PM
Dark Sun had Glock 22s with two mags for $319. Very well worn. About the only thing I considered buying.

Used to get some deals from Trader Jerrys several years ago. But yeah, haven't found one recently.

hak
October 4, 2009, 11:19 PM
"Wait a minute...back up...Is this about a gunshow in Washington, DC??? "

Sorry, Northern VA (near Dulles Airport) so "DC area"

P7 PSP - correct, euro-style bottom mag release not the newer top releaes. I was referring to the 8 round capacity not the 13 round one, should I call this the PSP? (truly wondering - based on the mags, the bottom release is called the P7PSP where i'm about to buy some).

I walked around for 2 days a noted prices on my blackberry, Dark Sun was the only place that had lower prices than Trader Jerrys on things I was tracking (PLR16, Sig Mosquito, HK 45, Ruger MkII) and 3 things I noted at several spots (they had the Sig pistol for $1299 and swat rifle for $1499; 3 others had the pistol for $1500 and 'classic' rifle for $1700+ and swat at $1900) I have no stake with them, only experience was this smooth transaction; they had a large selection and had staff dedicated to the background check, so it moved along.

johnson_n
October 4, 2009, 11:56 PM
How much was it?

rklessdriver
October 5, 2009, 12:28 AM
Dark Sun had an XSE COLT LW Commander in 38 Super. VERY minor wear for $595.00... :what:

Bailey's Guns had a good selection of NIB COLT XSE ($759.00), 1911 Repro ($890.00) and 70 Series SS ($790.00) and the new Combate Elite was just over $900.00

There were some pretty good deals there if you looked. :D

UCW 7.62X39 was $230 a case which is $19.00 less than JG Sales has it mail order.... :)

The same place wanted $35.00 a box for Privi .380 auto thou... :banghead:
Will

hak
October 5, 2009, 12:53 AM
USP9: yup, based on this: http://www.hkp7.com/ it's a plain P7 (newer than 'PSP' but with the lower/euro mag release). the trigger guard being smaller with the older models and that will affect holster fit as it changes the amount of exposed barrel/shroud.

If you enjoyed reading about "DC Gun show finds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!