Natchez

PDA

Peetmoss
January 19, 2003, 04:59 PM
Anyone ever buy anything from Natchez? Are they a decent company to deal with?

If you enjoyed reading about "Natchez" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XLMiguel
January 19, 2003, 06:04 PM
Good company, good service, good prices. I've bought all kinds of stuff from them (tho mostly ammo) over the web and over the phone.

4v50 Gary
January 19, 2003, 06:05 PM
Customer for many years.

Peetmoss
January 19, 2003, 06:26 PM
Thanks Mike and Gary. I guess I will now be a customer too:)

beta
January 19, 2003, 06:27 PM
Very happy with service and prices.

Also seemed to be in a better in-stock position than some of the other on-line companies that I shopped over the holidays.

Warmest regards,

Maestro
January 19, 2003, 06:33 PM
Excellent to do business with.Good company.:)

Blackhawk
January 19, 2003, 06:34 PM
Another endorsement from me. Great company.

SIGarmed
January 19, 2003, 06:35 PM
They always deliver the goods. They have good ammo deals sometimes.

Fed168
January 19, 2003, 07:29 PM
Decent prices and service when I dealt with them.

Zip06
January 19, 2003, 07:38 PM
I have done business with them in the past but I would not hesitate to be a repeat customer.

GregoryTech
January 19, 2003, 07:47 PM
I've only ever had positive experiences with them.

Carbon_15
January 19, 2003, 08:16 PM
I've bought a few tons of ammo from them. They are my favorite online retailer. Generaly the best price around (even beats Cheaper-Than-Dirt and Ammoman.com), reliable service, correct orders everytime (atleast IME), undamaged packages and VERY fast turnaround

cratz2
January 19, 2003, 08:16 PM
Ammo, reloading stuff, holsters, couple of scopes.

Never had a problem.

Peetmoss
January 19, 2003, 08:34 PM
I am now a customer. I bought 3 Glock mags from them and a stock for my Ruger 10/22.

Don45cal
January 19, 2003, 08:39 PM
I'll chime in too. Great company to deal with. They always have great sales on Wilson products and all kinds of Ammo!!

YodaVader
January 19, 2003, 08:57 PM
For my 7 pound order they charged me shipping charges for 21 pounds according to their catalog - I did not have catalog until I received my order. Plus the $3.90 handling charge is something I did not care for when buying 6 boxes of 22 mag ammo. After paying the high shipping charges and handling - their sale ammo cost me more than I could have bought the ammo at the gun show.

Although they do sometimes have very good sale prices for items such as scopes from time to time. I won't be ordering ammo from them again.

Diesle
January 19, 2003, 09:02 PM
One of the best out there....!

Diesle

thisaway
January 19, 2003, 10:05 PM
I can't order from them because I live in Tennessee. :mad:

BUT ...they are located in Chattanooga and I have a friend who works there...so I can get him to buy stuff for me! :)

larryw
January 19, 2003, 10:24 PM
Very satisfied customer.

More THR discussion here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3299).

When buying ammo online or via mail, you have to figure in the cost of shipping, HazMat & ORM-D charges. It probably makes little sense to buy a half-dozen boxes of ammo online when there will be *at least* a $20 shipping charge. Read the Ts&Cs carefully before you hit the "submit order" button.

FPrice
January 19, 2003, 10:26 PM
I have gotten some good deals from them. Did not notice that their shipping charges were that much more than anyone else. I will deal with them again when they have something I need.

echo3mike
January 19, 2003, 10:55 PM
Just bought 8lbs of Varget from them in Dec on sale for $100 even. Good shipping charges, fast response and turn around time was very short.

I've ordered from them before...never had a complaint or innaccurate shipment.

S.

WhoKnowsWho
January 20, 2003, 05:10 AM
Good dealer, no complaints at all.

Guyon
January 20, 2003, 07:24 AM
I hate them. They won't sell to me. I understand why, but it doesn't ease the pain every time I hear of a great deal over at Natchez.

Dave P
January 20, 2003, 08:04 AM
larryw - I don't believe there are hazmat charges for shipping ammo; powder and primers only.

Natchez: great company, but the $3.90 handling fee bites the big one. That's too much like the gadgets you see advertised on TV, with huge s&h fees that mask the actual price :fire:

larryw
January 20, 2003, 02:49 PM
I stand corrected.

Kevlarman
January 20, 2003, 04:36 PM
I like them too! Good prices and fast shipping!

Sheridan
January 23, 2003, 05:44 PM
I guess I'll have to be the odd-man out. I don't buy from them unless I absolutely can't find what I want anywhere else, even if it costs me a little more. (I can usually find what I want from Midsouth.)

One of my complaints is that, on a number of occasions, I've tried to order from them by phone right after I received their latest catalog only to find most of the items I wanted (but were advertised in the catalog) out of stock.

My biggest complaint is that they've gouged me in shipping charges more than once. One time they charged me for an 8 pound shipping weight when the postage marked on the box clearly said it only weighed 1 pound! That was in addition to the "handling" charges they charged. Of course, I called to complain, but I didn't get any of my money back.

Natchez has a good selection of merchandise advertised, but since they seldom actually have in stock what I want and, if they do, I end up paying more than I should, I find it more satisfying to shop elsewhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "Natchez" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!