need help buying a range finder

PDA

hilltopper55
October 7, 2009, 09:18 PM
Greetings, What in your opinion gives the most bang for the buck in range finders? What options if an ore needed?

If you enjoyed reading about "need help buying a range finder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tjj
October 8, 2009, 11:13 AM
I use the old Leica LRF 1200 and the Nikon Monarch 1200. They both work fine with a slight performance edge going to the Leica.

I could range an old white house to about a thousand yds or so. A small (deer sized) target maybe to 500 or so. That is mostly due to my not be able to hold any steadier by hand.:o

Take the range limits advertised with a large grain of salt. I think those are optimal numbers sighting an ideal reflective target in outer space.:rolleyes:

The good new is that more and more models are coming out on the market which will drive or keep prices low as possible for a while.

Kingfisher2
October 8, 2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/rangefinders/

RX 1000 is the nicest I have seen in a long time.

aubie515
October 8, 2009, 07:56 PM
+1 for the Leica LRF1200

lefteyedom
October 18, 2009, 04:54 PM
I use a cheap Nikon prostaff 550. It is a cheap walmart $200 unit. It work pretty good out to 500 yards. Simple and easy.
Yes I want more and better but it is all about the $$

LRHOGFAN
October 18, 2009, 09:20 PM
Bushnell Elite is a good unit

If you enjoyed reading about "need help buying a range finder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!