Gun laws in Bosnia?

PDA

Well-Armed Lamb
October 10, 2009, 05:46 PM
Just got a call out of the blue from a friend with a possible job offer in Bosnia. I could use a change of scene, and it sounds like a good gig. I'd be spending a *lot* of time over there, though, and I don't know what effect it'd have on my hobby as yet. Solution: hit THR. I checked the international thread from a while back. Closest I got was from a fellow in Croatia, who said the laws were hijous where he was. He also mentioned that Bosnia, though it has laws on the books, was so awash in guns it made no matter.

So I'm sending a call out to the international readership, and Americans who've been there, particularly as civilians. What are gun laws like in Bosnia? What shooting opportunities are there?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun laws in Bosnia?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kevin77
October 11, 2009, 12:34 AM
bump..

renegade1alpha
October 11, 2009, 02:22 AM
If you go there, Im not telling you to break the law by any means, then you will be able to pick up a gun from the local "market" if you really need one. But if things are that bad, then you probably shouldn't go anyway. Unless you get a job that allows you to carry. And if thats the case, then you will be provided one.

drjoker
October 11, 2009, 04:11 AM
There is no 2nd Amendment in Bosnia. It is very difficult for ordinary citizens to get a license to own a gun. Only LEGAL guns that I've seen belong to "peacekeeping" soldiers. These soldiers are there to prevent war from breaking out with Serbia. However, every family owns an AK47 that they keep hidden somewhere. They remember the ethnic cleansing of the last war.

As a visitor, I can say that Bosnia is very safe. Women often walk alone at night with no fear.

It is a poor country and the cops just love to bust foreigners on minor crimes for a "fine". I was busted for a $2 USD fine while I was there for not swiping my bus ticket on the electronic ticket reader on the public bus. I bought a ticket but did not swipe the ticket because I didn't know we were supposed to do that. BTW, $2 is nothing to us, but that's a day's wage in Bosnia. Being caught with an illegal gun would probably be a MAJOR fine, so do be careful.

I had hired a driver and met a local girlfriend while I was there. Be sure to visit the ancient pyramids at Visoko, take a nature hike in the mountains, and try the local Burek (a local cuisine made of lamb).

Have fun!
:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun laws in Bosnia?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!