Need help with gun sling

PDA

SFB
October 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
Alright, I searched and searched and tried to resist posting this but I'm lost... I picked up this cheap Red Head neoprene sling for my Sears model 103-2 Ranger. It came in one piece but the ends that go through the swivel studs were in a knot through the eyelet. So I had to take the whole thing apart to get the knots out of both ends. Well now I can't figure out how to put this darn thing back together correctly. :banghead: I can put it together but it just doesn't come out right, I can't get the bottom strap to hold tension. I feel pretty dumb right now, but hopefully someone can help me out with this. I have looked all over for pictures that would show the correct way to strap this thing together but to no avail. If anyone has a picture of one of these or a similar strap correctly installed on a rifle that would be great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with gun sling" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
October 11, 2009, 07:22 PM
Go here and use the Zoom feature to see the correct buckle threading..

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10202947_425005005_425000000_425005000_425-5-5

rc

SFB
October 11, 2009, 07:38 PM
rc - I checked out BPS website but the sling I have is slightly different from the ones they have on their site. I didn't notice the zoom feature before though, so I will see if that will help me out a bit and maybe I can figure out the rest from there. Thanks!

Edited to update: Ok that did help me out enough to figure the rest out. Appreciate it!

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with gun sling" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!