Can we blame Mexico for gun violence since they sell Aguila ammo?

PDA

wideym
October 16, 2009, 05:52 PM
I remembered a thread awhile back about Mexico blaming America for it's gun violence since they claim most illegal guns there are from America.

The other day I bought some Aguila .30 Carbine ammo and noticed it was made in Mexico. All other arguments aside, how can you sell the ammo to the very people you blame for your gun violence?

I will admit to liking the Aguila ammo, it shoots great and is one of the cheaper brands out there, but the irony is laughable.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can we blame Mexico for gun violence since they sell Aguila ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schofield3
October 16, 2009, 05:58 PM
oh lordy...

rikman
November 28, 2009, 12:34 AM
I just bought a box of 45acp to try out and saw that on the box,"echo en mexico", how ironic. I just figured with Mexican laws, nothing firearm related was made there???

Rick

shotgunjoel
November 28, 2009, 12:46 AM
"echo en mexico"
Throw in Mexico!?!? Did you mean 'hecho'?

Yes, I suppose that you could argue that it is ironic that they sell us ammo, then blame us for their gun violence, but it's a stretch.

Sunray
November 28, 2009, 01:36 AM
Aguila ammo was owned by Remington not so very long ago.
"...how can you sell the ammo to the very people you blame for your gun violence?..." Business.

Double Naught Spy
November 28, 2009, 07:00 AM
Can we blame Mexico for gun violence since they sell Aguila ammo?
I remembered a thread awhile back about Mexico blaming America for it's gun violence since they claim most illegal guns there are from America.

Are you saying the ammo is illegal in America? Otherwise no, you can't blame Mexico on the basis that they blame us for illegal guns. The logic isn't parallel.

benEzra
November 28, 2009, 10:08 AM
You can blame Mexico for the defection of, what, a million Mexican Army troops to the cartels, many taking their U.S.-made, government-issue M16 and M4 assault rifles and hand grenades with them, and then blaming the USA when those U.S.-made guns are used by the cartels. And you can blame Mexico for pointing the finger at the USA when cartels import full auto AK-47's and RPG's from Columbia and other Central American Cold-War proxy-skirmish hot spots.

SalchaketJoe
November 28, 2009, 10:12 AM
I have yet to see a box of ammo commit a crime on its own

ants
November 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
Mexico blames the US for drug violence because the US is the market for illegal drugs.

On the other hand, I've never seen a drug commit a crime either.
It ain't the guns, the ammo, or the drugs. It's people committing the crimes.
It doesn't do any good to outlaw any object if you're not going to control the criminal.

sherman123
November 28, 2009, 01:02 PM
+1 Ants, criminals will still get guns or illegal drugs regardless of legal status. That is what makes them criminals.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can we blame Mexico for gun violence since they sell Aguila ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!