Sig 250 problems

PDA

groundhog34
October 16, 2009, 09:15 PM
I bought a 250 compact 45 last Saturday and took it out to shoot Sunday. I could not believe the results it suffered from FTF EVERY round. I called Sig Monday morning and after much explainations from me and excuses from them they agreed to to send a pick up for the gun. Today Friday I got a phone call from a Jason at Sig who said the pistol was UNREPAIRABLE and would be replaced. I asked why it was shipped in the first place as it obviously did not work. He gave a performance that would have won Dancing with the Stars. His best excuse was well it worked when it left the factory but by the time I bought it NIB, it was made 02/09, it morphed into a pistol with multible problems. Then he said needed the name of a FFL that the new pistol would be sent to, I asked who was going to cover the cost of the transfer and he said it would be me. I said was he going to tell the FFL why he needed a copy of their license and he said NO. I asked would he give me 5 minutes to called the dealer and explain to them the situation he incredably said NO he said he was calling them right now. Here is the topping on the cake he then said it would take a FEW WEEKS to replace the guns a there were none available now. What happened to German craftmanship. When I get the new pistol it will be sold. I am through with Sig BAD BAD customer service.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig 250 problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AK103K
October 16, 2009, 09:38 PM
Theres something fishy there. They should be able to ship it directly to you. You dont need to go through an FFL. I've had a couple of guns sent back to S&W and they came directly back to me.

The whole thing sounds like it was handled poorly. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor? I'd definitely take that up the food chain.

Runningman
October 16, 2009, 10:39 PM
They should be able to ship it directly to you. You don't need to go through an FFL.Not if they are going to replace the gun and it has a different serial number.

groundhog34 I can't blame you for being feed up with Sig. Sounds like Sig could have been handled a little better after receiving such a total POS. They aren't the same company they used to be since they sold to new owners earlier this decade. I'm happy with my older Sigs. Newest one made in 1997.

As to the P250, I was thinking about one at one time. My good guy gun dealer told me he would not order me one because they have far to many issues. Went home and read so many negative posts on them from people who actually bought them I decide I wouldn't go there. Who needs a unreliable semi auto pistol these days when their are so many other brands that work fine.

AK103K
October 16, 2009, 10:51 PM
Not if they are going to replace the gun and it has a different serial number.
S&W did just that on the third try, and while similar, the gun was even a different model.

While some have had issues, I would suspect that overall, that hasnt been the case with ""most" of them. I have a P250C in 9mm, and its had no issues at all, and has been an accurate and reliable pistol. I'm planning on buying another once the 357's come out.

Sauer Grapes
October 17, 2009, 06:57 PM
That's alot of crap from Sig. They should pay ALL the cost for sending you the gun.

As for the P250, I have one that I carry and shoot all the time. Maybe I got a good one, I don't know. It performed like a champ right from the box, and still does 1,200 rounds later.

Sorry you had so much trouble with Sig. I would call back and give them holy hell! :cuss:

nelson133
October 18, 2009, 08:27 AM
If you go over to the Sig forum you will find other that have had problems with that particular "customer service" person. The Sig 250 seems to have a lot of problems, with some referring to it as a failure.
I don't own one of these but I do own several Sigs as do a couple of my shooting friends and the P220 is an excellent gun, as are the other P series . The only polymer frame Sig I own is a 2022 in 9mm and they will/have discontinued it. It is a fine pistol.

phantomak47
October 18, 2009, 02:29 PM
I love OLDER SIGS, I do not like new ones as Sigs quality control and "German engineering" is not up to par. Sig has done a lot of cost cutting to their pistols and it shows, plastic guide rods , pistols come in cheap boxes that break rather easily and the fitting quality of the pistols is just not the same.

Sig is pumping pistols as fast as possible out there and it shows. During my police academy training, 7 out of the 8 guys that had sigs had some type of problems, while the glocks and xds did not .(the SW M&P was seriously scary in the problems they had but thats another thread).

Now I have a early 2000 Sig 226 which I love, but as for my current duty Sig 226, it is being replaced by a Glock 22. I never thought I would go from a Sig to a Glock, but I am.

Wake up Sig, your losing your Sig loyalty left and right, just go read the Sig forum.

zignal_zero
October 18, 2009, 06:02 PM
i dunno, Phantomak47, i'm kinda happy with the new one. i've used Sig's from various era's. my last 2 were German, my current one is from Exeter NH.

i don't see a huge difference between it and my old Sig's. so far, it's been accurate/reliable, the frame to slide fit is sweet, action feels like glass.

i'm sorry to hear the OP is having a problem with his, but my P250 is perfect. it actually reinforced my Sig admiration.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig 250 problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!