Our Entire Way of Life May Be Threatened

PDA

TimM
October 20, 2009, 12:25 PM
Please flood your representatives with responses to this. If this is true our Constitution and Bill of rights are at stake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEZszGJHbK4&featurre=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEZsGJHbK4&feature=player_embedded)

If you enjoyed reading about "Our Entire Way of Life May Be Threatened" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
John E.
October 20, 2009, 12:42 PM
It would really have been cool if you had summarized the main points of the YouTube segment.

kingpin008
October 20, 2009, 01:14 PM
Indeed.

It's a bit rude to just drop a link and run. If you want us to get behind whatever it is you're interested in, how about showing us that you care by giving us a few simple sentences describing the issue?

padd54
October 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
Here is my take on it;

The Treaty on global warming, about to be voted on in Copenhagen in December, will establish a World Government. If our President signs ans the Senate Ratifies, it will take precedence over our Constitution. This is very serious indeed.

highorder
October 20, 2009, 02:03 PM
Start stocking up on tinfoil now...

MisterMike
October 20, 2009, 02:07 PM
Lest we all get our panties in a wad, it's rather far-fetched to conclude that any treaty, signed by the President and approved by the Senate, could abrogate the U.S. Constitution. In fact, Jefferson and Madison specifically addressed the problem of "treaty supremacy," noting that any treaty that was at odds with the Constitution was, per se, without force of law since it could not be properly entered into.

Note, however, that the reference to treaty supremacy in Article VI of the Constitution does trump the laws of any state, providing "Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

The signing of a treaty can become a rather sticky wicket with respect to state constitutions and laws--take concealed carry laws, for instance. If you assume for the sake of argument that the Second Amendment does not protect that right, then such a right conferred under state laws could be trumped by a treaty to the contrary.

Geno
October 20, 2009, 02:09 PM
OMW! Black helicopters overhead! Take cover now! Save the children. Cover their heads with foil...ASAP!

Sorry...false alert. It was just a very loud crow. Move along....nothing to see here folks.

:neener: Geno

hso
October 20, 2009, 02:31 PM
OT for THR and Activism.
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=270671

TimM
October 20, 2009, 02:33 PM
I am not a conspiracy theorist nor do I easily get my "panties in bunch". I do however know that things can cascade and become unrepairable if we all just sit on our fat lazy bums and do nothing because; "hell... this is the USA, nothing like that can happen here.

It takes very little effort to do some research, contact your representatives and express your concerns about this issue. And it takes very little effort to watch the video and decide for yourself if this is worth your precious time to pursue.

If a global treaty can trump our constitution it is a problem for all of us. And for those of you that had time to post smart ass remarks... I hope you can also find time to stand up for your God given rights.

NOTE TO MODERATOR: If this treaty can trump our constitution it certainly affects RKBA

smithmax
October 20, 2009, 03:18 PM
Your link doesn't even point to a specific video.

If you enjoyed reading about "Our Entire Way of Life May Be Threatened" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!