Anyone found Saddam's rifle collection?

PDA

Cosmoline
November 4, 2003, 06:35 PM
I remember before the war how often Saddam would be seen in public with various C&R rifles from his collection. He had a fine assortment, uncluding rare Iranian Mauser carbines and some very nice Persians. Where are they now? If nobody found them, I might suggest that the search should be made. If he's as serious a collector as he seemed to be, my bet is if you find the best rifles, you find HIM.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone found Saddam's rifle collection?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
son of a gun
November 4, 2003, 10:18 PM
They were able to find his key though. :uhoh:

http://www.thehollandsentinel.net/stories/032703/new_032703037.shtml

MagKnightX
November 4, 2003, 11:59 PM
If they find his collection, I think each piece should be sold to a different person. One of them to me...

What? It's not like I like the idiot. But a rifle owned by Saddam Hussein will have to be worth a lot in twenty years.

Newton
November 5, 2003, 11:11 AM
Well they found one of his gold plated AK-47s when a soldier tried to steal it and ship it back to the US.

son of a gun
November 5, 2003, 12:23 PM
Well they found one of his gold plated AK-47s when a soldier tried to steal it and ship it back to the US.

Technically that was U-Day's gun.:rolleyes:

Master Blaster
November 5, 2003, 01:02 PM
They were either looted, or they are in that big government warehouse in a mysterious location in a numbered crate.

You know the same warehouse where they are storing the Ark of The Covenent, so no one opens it and gets melted by the wrath of The Lord.

:rolleyes: :D

RustyHammer
November 5, 2003, 01:14 PM
... and right next the chemical and biological weapon archive CD's and technical documents.

Beetle Bailey
November 5, 2003, 10:19 PM
Well, if Saddam and his boys "Bubba"-ized those C&R rifles, I don't want them ;) .

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone found Saddam's rifle collection?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!