would like some chrony data, please

PDA

dakotasin
October 25, 2009, 10:59 AM
does anybody have any chrony data for their favorite 243 win load?

i'm running a 26" barrel and 105 a-max's. bonus points if you are using similiar. thanks for any help!

If you enjoyed reading about "would like some chrony data, please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JimKirk
October 25, 2009, 09:54 PM
It will not matter a whole lot, my friend down the road and I have the same model 700 BDL purchased the same year and they are like night and day. Although the cases sized fit each rifle with very slight bolt Resistance, my rifle will give almost 200 FPS more than his(of course with more powder) with out pressure signs. Some rifles will take the same charge while giving more or less velocity. The only way to know what YOUR rifle is doing, is to shoot it over a chronograph.

Jimmy K

You could get close to the same data as someone giving you THEIR chrono data by looking at a reloading manual that is using the load as you and add the difference of barrel length(FPS).

JimKirk
October 25, 2009, 10:03 PM
What powder are you using and how many grains?

Jimmy K

Hornady #7 manual shows a listing of 3000 FPS with just one powder. That data is for a 24" barrel, you could add maybe 60 FPS and get a good ballpark figure.

dakotasin
October 26, 2009, 12:53 AM
well, in the end, it doesn't matter... i wound up settling on an h-4350 load this afternoon at 2925 f/s. i was concerned that i was leaving too much velocity on the table, but after shooting it for accuracy and getting an idea of performance at distance, i'm fine w/ this load...

i did get a couple powders over 3000 f/s, and i went over 3100 f/s w/ the 4350, but peak accuracy was in the 2925 - 2980 range...

ArchAngelCD
October 26, 2009, 01:16 AM
Sounds like you found the load that's right for that gun, good job...

If you enjoyed reading about "would like some chrony data, please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!