Nostradamus, predictions and primers....

PDA

Rembrandt
October 25, 2009, 09:05 PM
If you had the insight of Nostradamus, what would you do concerning primers? Given that primers are showing up again and supplies seem to be improving.....would you continue to stock up at today's prices or wait till the shelves are bloated and hope prices come down?

If you enjoyed reading about "Nostradamus, predictions and primers...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Afy
October 25, 2009, 09:07 PM
Buy and keep buying... then wait..it is like th stock market. You have to know when to sell.

jcwit
October 25, 2009, 09:32 PM
HaHa, if I knew the answer to this I'd know when to buy gas.

Rembrandt
October 25, 2009, 09:41 PM
My gut instinct is that most distributors and dealers have paid more from the manufacturers and can't reduce prices to the pre-election prices.....maybe $25-$30/1000 is now the bottom? (no doubt a few will try to get more).

kelbro
October 25, 2009, 10:04 PM
Forget today's cost. Stock up. I had plenty to go through the last two scares and probably through the next one. I forget what I paid for them back then.

RustyFN
October 25, 2009, 10:35 PM
I would say wait. If the demand went away hopefully the price would drop a little. But then that's easy for somebody to say when they have a two year supply already.

jr_roosa
October 25, 2009, 11:40 PM
Well I for one plan to have around 2 years of supply of primers on hand once this mess is over. For me that's about 2000 large rifle 2000 small pistol, 500 small pistol mag, and 5000 large pistol. Not a huge amount.

I am also planning on having an 8 pounder of each rifle power I use.

Haven't decided on bullets.

J.

Roccobro
October 26, 2009, 12:06 AM
I am only buying the "necessities" for now. Minimizing demand. Hopefully the supply will loosen up some more. Then, when the price is right (and I have money) I will stock up some more.

Justin

WNTFW
October 26, 2009, 05:27 PM
I now buy them, but only in multiples of 666.

R.W.Dale
October 26, 2009, 05:43 PM
There will be peace union and change

Extreme horrors and vengeances

Not far from the age of the great millennium

High price unguarded none will have provided for it

Nostradamus

If you enjoyed reading about "Nostradamus, predictions and primers...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!