Wolf ammo in my glocks

PDA

H1500308
October 25, 2009, 08:12 PM
Bought a case of 9mm wolf military classic with the polymer coating. I don't knwo why everyone seems to hate this stuff. I'm up to 500+ rounds through my G19 and G29 and it's good stuff. No FTF, FTE, jams, etc. It's full power, accurate enough and doesn't seem to be any dirtier than WWB.

I'll buy more.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf ammo in my glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Riss
October 25, 2009, 08:17 PM
I have run several thousand Wolf through 3 different Glocks. Only had 1 case that was not trimmed to length and would not chamber. Wish I could say that about the Federal Premium that I have shot over the years. Seems to be at least 1 or 2 per each thousand that has a flipped primer or other problem.

jaysouth
October 25, 2009, 10:34 PM
Enjoy, contrary to errornet BS, Wolf works fine in Glocks.

okespe04
October 25, 2009, 10:36 PM
Glocks will eat whatever you feed them.

zignal_zero
October 25, 2009, 11:04 PM
alot of the people who discourage the use of Wolf, do so because they believe the steel casing causes excess wear on the extractor. i am not one of these people and have shoveled countless rounds of Wolf through my (almost never cleaned) G23 with no problems (that could be linked to the ammo)

Riss
October 25, 2009, 11:37 PM
The only problem that I have had with Wolf in a pistol has been the buildup of crud from the primer sealer. That and 1, out of thousands of rounds, that was not trimmed to length. Wolf in something like an AR-15 that gets hot enough to melt the lacquer on the case is another story.

David E
October 26, 2009, 12:03 AM
alot of the people who discourage the use of Wolf, do so because they believe the steel casing causes excess wear on the extractor

I don't know about Glocks, but noted firearms instructor John Farnam has observed that Sig's extractors CRACK using Wolf ammo. Would that count as "wear" to you ?

So it's not a matter of "believing" it happens, it DOES happen, at least with Sigs. Buy a spare extractor or two and you're covered. (you should have a couple spares anyway)

possum
October 26, 2009, 02:57 AM
several folks in the training community have put thousands and thosands through there glocks with no issues. i have put multiple cases of wolf thorough a 1911, glocks, and xd's. with no issues.

zignal_zero
October 26, 2009, 04:25 AM
David E - thanks for the hedzup, i'll make a mental note seeing as how i've recently made the switch from Chevy's to Caddy's. while i've put truck loads of it thru the Glock, i'm not in a hurry to feed it to my Sig (hearing wut u've said)

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf ammo in my glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!