Brown Safes

PDA

JDAM
October 26, 2009, 04:18 PM
Does anyone have a Brown safe?

What do you think of them? (Quality, Build, Materials, etc).

Does anyone know what type of warranty that they offer in case of fire or burglary attempt?

If you enjoyed reading about "Brown Safes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
a1abdj
October 26, 2009, 06:22 PM
I installed a custom Brown safe for a local woman. The safe was built to fit inside of a reinforced antique armoire.

She paid over $6,000 for a basice B rate steel plate unit (1/2" door, 1/4" body). The interior of the safe had wooden drawers for jewelry and was quite nice. I can only assume that the interior was built by a third party and not Brown.

The safe itself was a different story. The design of the safe was lacking for the price paid in my opinion. Even if the design wasn't lacking, it was still overpriced.

The fit and finish of the safe was horrible. There was welding spatter and rust spots on the steel that had been painted over. Although I did not scratch through the paint, it didn't even appear to have been primed.

If you are looking at a Brown, you should send me a PM with what you're looking at. I can probably point you in a better direction.

Does anyone know what type of warranty that they offer in case of fire or burglary attempt?

Consumers need to forget about these types of warrranties. They are there to sound impressive, but in the overall scheme of things, don't make a difference.

I am assuming that you have a homeowner's or renter's policy. Your insurance will pay for the loss (safe, removal, installation, disposal of old unit) just like anything else.

If you enjoyed reading about "Brown Safes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!