7-30 waters fans..

PDA

flipajig
October 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
I just finished shooting and trying a different bullet in my 15 in bullberry.
It was a 140grn Rem Core lock and IMR 3031 and CCI LRP. With some verry impresive results 3 different powder charges starting at 27.5 to 28.5. When i did my part I had 1'' or less. Has anyone else tryed this combanation? I was shooting a hornady 120 grn and RL15 and the 3031 and 140grn out grouped them..

If you enjoyed reading about "7-30 waters fans.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ateam-3
October 27, 2009, 06:51 PM
I did load some rounds with 3031. I was using 120gr and 140gr Nosler BT's. I had some good results, but I switched to Reloader 15 and I have been amazed at the results. I currently load 120gr Nosler BT's with this powder and it shoots so well I do not plan to switch. I am sure the 3031 will work fine and it may be more accurate in you gun.

flipajig
October 27, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thing im wondering now is it the bullet weight or the powder.
I shot some 120 grn with 3031 and they grouped about the same as with RL15

NCsmitty
October 27, 2009, 10:00 PM
Are you guys using a chronograph on any of your loads? Just wondering what you're getting?

NCsmitty

41 Mag
October 28, 2009, 08:06 AM
I found with my factory barrel that the 140gr bullets shot much more consistent groups and velocities than the lighter ones did. I purchased it specifically for a handgun hunt in Wisconsin. I worked up several loads in different weights looking for the best downrange punch I could get out to 200yds. I didn't want to drive a thousand miles and have a huge one come out and not be confident in my load. The 140gr Nosler BT's ended up getting the final nod on both accuracy and velocity. With the RL-15 I was getting mid to high 2200's with them and grouping under 2" from a solid rest at 200yds.

Didn't take a deer in WI, but have taken a doe with the load at 283yds, which knocked her off her feet. I have recently picked up some of the Rem. CL's and will probably work with them some after deer season get's through. I have several loads to work up in different calibers and RL-15 will most likely get the first chance to get things rolling.

Ateam-3
October 28, 2009, 06:19 PM
I have chronographed my load. Nosler 120gr BT, 35.5gr of Reloader 15, Win primers: This yields a muzzle velocity of 2350 fps from my 14" barrel.

flipajig
October 28, 2009, 09:27 PM
I have loaded 35grn of RL15 under 120grn hornady vmax I dont know what my velosity was but the case was sticky removing from the chamber and flat primer was enough for me to back off and not load any hotter. I have a 15'' bullberry barrel its a costom barrel and the talerance is alot tighter than a factory barrel

NCsmitty
October 28, 2009, 09:35 PM
I dont know what my velocity was but the case was sticky removing from the chamber and flat primer was enough for me to back off and not load any hotter.

Yup, each one is different. You have to know their limits. I've heard Bullberry barrels are great.

NCsmitty

flipajig
October 28, 2009, 10:23 PM
I really like mine and in my opion they are worth the extra that you pay for them
i know that my next barrel will be by bullberry..

If you enjoyed reading about "7-30 waters fans.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!