Primers backing out

PDA

JAMESACERRA
October 29, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hi Y'all
I've tested a few cases due to not having all the parts and supplies yet. So during this I've had some good some bad as is normal with new equimpment.
I had three of 6 dented primers the rest seated fine.
I've used the once fired Win NATO cases it may be that these need the crimped cases, I'll have to test the standard new win. cases to find out if they back out. Any tips would be great. Yours in service James Acerra

If you enjoyed reading about "Primers backing out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Curator
October 29, 2009, 03:09 PM
If you have no powder and bullet and are only popping primed cases, the primers will back out normally. Your once fired cases may have been fired in a rifle with different headspace. When fired with a live round, the pressure inside the case forces it back against the bolt, seating the primer

Walkalong
October 29, 2009, 03:16 PM
Bingo. We have a winner!

Welcome to THR JAMESACERRA

The Bushmaster
October 29, 2009, 03:41 PM
Yup...A winner...Load'em...Shoot'em...Load'em again. When you put all the components together that little problem will go away....

rcmodel
October 29, 2009, 04:31 PM
Popping primers in a rifle may also shorten your cases below minimum headspace.
Caused by the exploding primer driving the case deeper into the chamber and setting the shoulders back.

Stop doing that!

rc

Seedtick
October 29, 2009, 11:35 PM
Hey James,

Welcome to the barn. Just make yourself at home. What part of the Natural State are you from? We're at Ward around 30 miles north of Little Rock.

If your gonna pop caps then first jam the mouth end of the case down into one of the wife's candles. Then you can shoot little wax boolits at empty cans. (powered by primers that is) Oh, and I don't recommend letting her see you messing with the candle. Later you can tell her the holes were made by 'wax worms'.
:D

ST

sonier
October 31, 2009, 05:07 AM
lmao wax worms, yea right....................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................does it work? if so i should stop laughin ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Primers backing out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!