Glock 23C

PDA

Doogledog
October 29, 2009, 10:09 PM
Does anyone reload for a glock model 23C? I've tried 180 Gr. lead with 4.5 Gr. of bullseye. I get a lot of leading around the ports. Is that simply too hot a load for the porting? I also have unique and Win. 231 powders. Is either of those two a better selection or do I need to cut back on the load of bullseye? I've got 500 rounds of Missouri Bullet Company's 180 Gr. bullets and I need a good powder recommendation for that pistol.
Thanks,
Doogle

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 23C" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AKElroy
October 29, 2009, 10:12 PM
Stock polygonal barrels in Glocks do not care for casts & foul badly. Can create pressure issues.

Superblackrifle
November 1, 2009, 01:27 PM
I reload for a G27 and use hard cast lead 18 hardness with my own lube. Get a mop put some metal polish on it put a rod in a drill and polish your barrel. will not lead and cleans easier. increases accuracy too

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 23C" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!