Starline Brass

PDA

nulfisin
October 30, 2009, 04:59 PM
I generally like this brass. However, I'm now loading some 45 colt loads into new cases and having trouble seating my (Winchester) primers. The primers do seat, but only with more force than I should have to use.

Have any of you had this experience and is there anything to be done about it? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Starline Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
October 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
Good brass. No worries.

243winxb
October 30, 2009, 06:04 PM
Using CCI SP primers, has at times required more push to seat them. I would not want the seating plunger making an indentation in the primer. If it does, not good. Just make sure your not trying to seat them too deep. Level with the case head is ok, or just a tiny amount below. If priming an auto rifle, below is better. Happens. Love WLP in my Dillon with Starline 45 acp brass, wish i could buy some local.

jfh
October 30, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hmmm--actually, what I have found is that my WSPs and WLPs feel normal when seating them in my starline brass, new or used, and that less effort is required with my R-P / Win / other-brand brass.

I'll bet it depends on what you are used to.:)

added on edit: I should note my experience is not with 45LC, but with most other handgun calibers.

Jim H.

Bula
October 30, 2009, 06:20 PM
I recently purchased 1000 for .45 colt and noticed the same thing. I will tell you that after these are loaded, tumbled then reloaded, the problems seems to go away.

Noveldoc
October 31, 2009, 10:44 PM
Used CCI LP primers on 44 mag and 44 spl cases. Some were okay but some required some real oomph with my Lee hand primer. All seated in right position though.

Going to fire some tomorrow and will give you report.

Loaded with 240 gr DEWCs for taget use. Note that cases fit my Blackhawk and took bullets fine so no resizing needed on the new cases.

Tom

If you enjoyed reading about "Starline Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!