Price of a new in box factory 66 Type 56 AK

PDA

Desert Scorpion
November 2, 2009, 02:04 AM
How much do you think a Chinese type 56 AKM-47 7.62X39 semi auto import new in the box with all accessories and original receiver made in factory 66, and imported by sile of New York is worth.:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Price of a new in box factory 66 Type 56 AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Arcticfox
November 2, 2009, 03:03 AM
Possibly $700-800. Go to guns america and compare.

Shear_stress
November 2, 2009, 08:37 AM
For a NIB Sile-imported 56S, you can expect something on the order of a bill on either side of a grand.

H2O MAN
November 2, 2009, 08:52 AM
An under folder would bring even more.

wally
November 2, 2009, 09:22 AM
For a NIB Sile-imported 56S, you can expect something on the order of a bill on either side of a grand.

An under folder would bring even more.

Only God knows why, I'll bet dollars to donuts you $1K Chinese AK won't shoot any better than an average WSAR.

I've got several Chinese AKs, including a Norinco under folder, nothing special about them when you get down to it.

--wally.

H2O MAN
November 2, 2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe, but my Norinco Type 56 is extremely reliable and surprisingly accurate right out of the box.

Well worth my investment.

Shear_stress
November 2, 2009, 09:32 AM
Only God knows why

Maybe, maybe not, but Adam Smith sure does.

nathan
November 2, 2009, 12:50 PM
They are in the grand scale. If you happen to get one, then hold on to it. They are no longer imported courtesy of Clinton the Man .

RP88
November 2, 2009, 01:14 PM
...and that is why they fetch a higher price: Collector's value/rarity.

H2O MAN
November 2, 2009, 01:29 PM
Collector's value + high quality = premium price.

wally
November 2, 2009, 02:12 PM
Collector's value + high quality = premium price.

That is fine if you aren't planning to shoot it. As a shooter, in my experience, they are not worth the premium.

As collectibles go, when these were imported the Chinese AKs were ~$500 when I first saw one, prices dropped as volume went up until the ban, at the same time you could get a Colt AR15 for ~$550 and an HK91 for ~$600

The HK91 was my best buy of the three :)

--wally.

H2O MAN
November 2, 2009, 02:37 PM
Why would you not shoot it?

I'm shooting my pre-ban and loving it :evil:

wally
November 2, 2009, 02:48 PM
I'm shooting all my pre-bans, but I didn't pay "collectors" premium prices for any of them!

Once its been shot, its not NIB any more and the collectors premium plummets.

I think with AKs "quantity has a quality of its very own", Two or three WASRs are better than a single "premium" AK for the same money, so you can arm your minions in case of SHTF :)

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price of a new in box factory 66 Type 56 AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!