L'il Gun for .44 mag rifles

PDA

Ranger J
November 3, 2009, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have actual experience loading L'gun for a .44 mag rifle with 240 gr. XTP bullets. Neither the manufacturer of the powder or Hornady show a rifle load for this powder and bullet but both show this bullet with this powder in their recommended pistol loads. What is up?

RJ

If you enjoyed reading about "L'il Gun for .44 mag rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
November 3, 2009, 01:14 PM
Use the same load data, whether rifle or pistol.

Ranger J
November 3, 2009, 07:33 PM
Normally this is what I would do but there have been some information that L'gun burns hot enough to damage barrels??? Others say this is just BS??? I just find it strange that neither the manufacturer of the powder or the maker of the bullet recommend this powder for A rifle load while doing it for several other similar powders.:confused:

RJ

Walkalong
November 3, 2009, 08:53 PM
4227 & W 296 both shot awfully well in my 94 back when I had it. My older son has it now. AA # 9 and N 110 are excellent in .44 mag shot in revolvers, but I never tried it in a carbine. If you are worried about Lil' Gun, use something else.

flipajig
November 3, 2009, 09:34 PM
im using 2400 with great results in my M94 both 240 and 200 grn pills.

Ranger J
November 9, 2009, 09:37 PM
I give up!:banghead:

RJ

hydraulicman
November 10, 2009, 06:59 AM
the pistol loads are the same as the rifle loads. .44 mag pressures for both

If you enjoyed reading about "L'il Gun for .44 mag rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!