.45 colt bullet ?

PDA

weirdbeard
November 3, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone I am loading a .45 colt with shooters supply 225 gr lrn bullets. I am using 5.4 gr of clays with winchester brass and primers. When I am finished seating the new bullets in, there seems to be a little residue from the green material that makes a ring around the new bullet(by the cannalure) is crushed around the mouth of the case. Along with a smidge of lead that is shaved off too. Do I need to bell the mouth of the case more, or don't worry about it? Or is there something else I am doing wrong? I am using Lee dies.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 colt bullet ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Chemist
November 4, 2009, 12:22 AM
If you are getting lead shavings then you need to bell it just a little bit more.

Uncle Chan
November 4, 2009, 12:28 AM
What he said.

loadedround
November 4, 2009, 08:28 AM
As the others have said, bell your case just a little more...just until you can start the bullet base into the case mouth by hand. Your crimping die will remove all your case flare(bell).

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 colt bullet ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!