help from THR shotgun reloaders! (Ohio)

PDA

highorder
November 4, 2009, 11:48 AM
Good morning folks.

I am looking for some 12 gauge dummy rounds for practice. I know Fiocchi makes some, but they are unavailable. They are very reasonably priced at $9 for a box/25, but they may as well be $1million if they are unavailable ;)

Would someone be so kind as to load me some 12gauge 2 3/4 dummys?

Shot size doesn't matter.
I just want some unprimed hulls with no powder, a simple wad, shot, and a crimp of some sort.
I plan to add some urethane to the primer pocket for dry firing.

I'd like a dozen or so?

Please PM me a shipped price to Cincinnati if you are interested in helping out.

Thansk in advance,
highorder~

If you enjoyed reading about "help from THR shotgun reloaders! (Ohio)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
November 4, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm also interested in 8 or 9 dummy rounds like this to practice loading... snap caps are waaaaay too expensive.

oneounceload
November 4, 2009, 01:57 PM
Snap caps aren't that expensive at all - and a good set of AZOOM's will last quite a while.

If you're going to make your own from old shotshells, use an eraser from a standard kid's pencil - fits and works well

They're available from able ammo:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=89555

rcmodel
November 4, 2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6811/Product/SHOTGUN_ACTION_PROVING_DUMMIES

rc

highorder
November 4, 2009, 02:43 PM
Thhanks guys!

1ounceload,

huh, they were listed as BACKORDERED earlier today from able! I just called, and they have plenty. I like Azooms for everything but shotshells. They dont feel, handle, or feed the same. They are a bit spendy too!

1kperday,

I'm ordering a box. Do you want a dozen, or will you be ordering your own box?
IF you PM me your location, I will split the box and send you some for no "mark-up" :)

(RC, I always appreciate your input.)

1KPerDay
November 4, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'll take a dozen. PM sent

1KPerDay
November 4, 2009, 02:51 PM
One ounce, please note that the link you posted are for BLANK rounds, even though the pic says dummy rounds.

highorder
November 4, 2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=91126

Well crap, you're right.

They use the same stock photo for both. I called, and they are indeed OUT OF STOCK on the dummy rounds. :(

Sooooo,

Short of a buck each plus shipping from Brownells, does anyone load for 12 gauge?
The order just doubled in size! ;)

highorder
November 9, 2009, 01:40 PM
Good afternoon folks. I am still looking for a helping hand... from someone that loads 12 gauge.

I am looking for some 12 gauge dummy rounds for practice. I know Fiocchi makes some, but they are unavailable. They are very reasonably priced at $9 for a box/25, but they may as well be $1million if they are unavailable

Would someone be so kind as to load me some 12gauge 2 3/4 dummys?

Shot size doesn't matter.
I just want some unprimed hulls with no powder, a simple wad, shot, and a crimp of some sort.
I plan to add some urethane to the primer pocket for dry firing.

I'd like a dozen or so?

Please PM me a shipped price to Cincinnati if you are interested in helping out.

Thansk in advance,
highorder~

Rich219
November 9, 2009, 05:23 PM
If there is enough interest here I will go purchase some new unfired clear hulls, deprime the live primer, load the hulls with a new wad, 1oz. of shot, and then use a rubber type material in the primer pocket to decrease wear on the firing pin for $1 per round. If anyone is interested let me know.

1KPerDay
November 9, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'd be interested at half the price. for a buck a round I can get those ones from brownell's. I don't want them that bad. :)

highorder
November 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
I got all the way to the checkout @ Brownells.

A 5 round box @$7.99+$8.14 shipping is $3.22 each!

A 25 round box drops down to a mere $1.32 each.

If I was making a larger order to Brownells, I would toss some in.
In the mean time, I'm taking Rich up on his offer. :)

taminsong
November 13, 2009, 03:13 AM
Highorder,

I wish I was in USA now! I reload 12 gauge and have lots of shells to spare!

Oyeboten
November 13, 2009, 03:19 AM
For Pete's sake...

Just use "Primed" empty Shells, but stuff a Styrofoam Christmas-type Ball into it, so you have something to fly 'out'...

1KPerDay
November 13, 2009, 01:56 PM
Huh? He's looking for unprimed, dummy/action proving rounds with the weight of loaded rounds. Not blank/styrofoam ball shooting rounds. Which wouldn't work anyway, because the styrofoam isn't heavy enough to keep the powder in the shell long enough to burn correctly. Ask me how I know. ;)

Oyeboten
November 13, 2009, 08:34 PM
Oh...sorry...

Lol...

1KPerDay
November 13, 2009, 08:36 PM
Way cool, dale. :cool:

highorder
November 13, 2009, 09:56 PM
Dale, thanks!

Rich219 has offered to make me some, and I want to honor the deal we made.

1KperDay, these are all you if you like!

If you enjoyed reading about "help from THR shotgun reloaders! (Ohio)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!