9mm Largo Astra 400

PDA

Iron Sight
November 4, 2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone reloading for an Astra 400?

What Dies are you using? What Brass?

Thank You

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Largo Astra 400" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
November 4, 2009, 12:57 PM
Starline makes new Boxer primed 9mm Largo brass.

Huntingtons can provide special order #56665 RCBS dies.

I have heard of folks successfully loading it using 9mm or .38 Super dies also.

Here is some load data.

http://9mmlargo.com/cartridge/loads.htm

rc

R.W.Dale
November 4, 2009, 01:25 PM
9x23 dies work fine if you can find em

MMCSRET
November 4, 2009, 02:06 PM
I have used 38 Super dies and Largo data successfully.

12Bravo20
November 5, 2009, 10:46 AM
I am using Starline brass and Lee Carbide 38 Auto dies to reload 9mm Largo. I am using 124Gr Rainier plated bullets and Hodgdon universal powder. My Star Super A seems to like that combo.

jjohnson
November 5, 2009, 12:49 PM
Well, I've been using Hornady 9mm Luger dies (box is marked 9mm x 19 and 9mm x 21). No problems for ten years or so.

I have a pile of .38 Super brass and loaded some of it, just for fun, to Largo specs. No problems there, either, in spite of the tiny rim being there.

Starline 9mm Largo brass works great.

There've been articles from time to time claiming that the Spanish 9mm Largo pistols will shoot just about anything that's 9mm, from .380 to 9x23 Winchester. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION. Most of those Spanish pistols were chambered for the Largo cartridge (only) and will chamber the other rounds, but remember that the Largo is a low pressure round about on par with .38 ACP, NOT .38 Super or certainly 9x23 Winchester.

Some of these were chambered for 9mm Luger, which is a higher pressure round. This was done in the days before "standards." Don't try to make your Spanish Largo something it's not. They're a lot of fun when you load within their intended capacity.

Loader :uhoh: beware.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Largo Astra 400" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!