Mosin 91/30 best place to purchase?

PDA

jr4521
November 6, 2009, 07:35 AM
Has anyone had any luck with purchasing the $79.00 ones from AIM? What is the best place to shop for them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin 91/30 best place to purchase?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
waldonbuddy
November 6, 2009, 07:04 PM
Im curious as well, heck Ive got $79 I think I'll throw it out in the street, oh, I can buy a Mosin N for that much? Then, hell, send it over.

Seriously, if the rifle in question isn't worn out then it would defiantly be worth $79

TomADC
November 6, 2009, 08:23 PM
Big 5 had two when I went in so I picked the one I wanted, I know zero about them so just looked for matching number and the condition of the bore, best $99 I've spent in a while I'll shoot it next Tuesday.

CnRnut
November 6, 2009, 08:28 PM
Century has fair condition ones for $50 this month!! Need an FFL.

RP88
November 7, 2009, 12:40 AM
gunbroker

pawn FFLs sell them by the crateloads for about the same, give or take. But, you are bidding on a rifle as pictured; you don't have to leave quality or condition up to a $10 handpick lottery.

IMO, if you're buying a milsurp gun, it's best to look at what you're buying if you are looking for one in good condition.

Publius1688
November 7, 2009, 05:57 PM
I agree with RP88, unless you are dealing with a 'small', one man C&R dealer that you trust, I want to see any Milsurp before I buy.

Col. Plink
November 7, 2009, 06:00 PM
Do the 'C' stamp (sniper) rifles ever just show up in these things, just mixed-in and overlooked somehow?

mongo4567
November 7, 2009, 07:19 PM
I've been happy with everything I've bought from AIM, they are great. Century is great too, but first check out the NRA rating description for fair condition.

jr4521
November 7, 2009, 10:47 PM
OK I got a very nice one,paid a bit more but not bad, 1941,all matching numbers,in very good to excellent,95% bluing, stock is solid and smooth,bore is crisp and shinny not counter bored, comes with a bayonet and some accessories. Very nice.Thank you guys for all the input.

waldonbuddy
November 8, 2009, 09:53 PM
Where did you get it? Did you get the one from AIM?

Shadow 7D
November 8, 2009, 10:58 PM
Actually I believe the sniper graded rifles are stamped CN, or at least that is what it looks like to an English speaker. Yep, just mixed in, along with MO and double dated.

geo57
November 9, 2009, 06:03 PM
IMO, when you are talking about a firearm in this price range, you are better off buying it face to face if you have a reasonable idea of what you are doing, and what to look for. By the time you pay shipping and if you are not a C & R, a fee to get it here from a dealer, you could have 50 % of the cost of the rifle added. I have bought both my MN's, a M44 and a 91/30 at gun shows and am very pleased with both.

goofygrump
November 9, 2009, 08:40 PM
I have bought 5 MN's In the last 10-12 years and all were 65$--79$. Bought them at Indy 1500 gun shows. Had to cull through 20-30 of them each time, but it was time well spent. any one of them will shoot into 1" at a 100 yards. Well the Mod 38 will, but not often due to the recoil( I'm an old beat up fart), but I'm going to get a US (marine or army) lace on butt pad and try again. Hope it works 'cause I really like that mod38:) You just have to take the time to be face to face when deciding which one. good shooting to all!

Lovesbeer99
November 9, 2009, 09:02 PM
My brother in law has an M44 he got from AIM and it looks great and shoots great. I wish I'd have bought the 44 when it was available.

The 91/30 seams like a nice option though.

M2
November 10, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'll let you know on Friday, when I pick up the hexed-covered MN I ordered from AIM...

For $105 shipped, you will have a hard time beating that deal. I looked all over and was lucky enough to find a nice 91/30 at the Houston show for $99 out the door; but most were way more than that and in far worse shape.

And you don't want to ask what I paid for my M44s!

Cheers! M2

Ignition Override
November 11, 2009, 12:07 AM
jr4521:
A gun show. You Choose :), and most sellers keep no records.

We always have several 91/30s, and the last show had three MN 44s with bright bores/rifling.

nathan
November 11, 2009, 12:32 AM
I have a Yugo M 44 from COles and it came in wax wrapper. I wish i bought several bec it is one accurate piece. Bore was new and has the TRZ stamped on the buttstock.
Now M 44s are hard to find but the M 91 30s are quite plentiful . Get one make sure it s a hex receiver with dates in late 20s and 30 s bec surely those are prewars and better built..

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin 91/30 best place to purchase?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!