Winchester Model 70 Action

PDA

TimM
November 6, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hey guys,

Where can I buy a Winchester Model 70 (short) action?

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 70 Action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bpl
November 6, 2009, 09:52 PM
Well, I believe that Montana Rifle Co. manufactures a Model 70 type action for commercial sale. Look them up online.

USSR
November 6, 2009, 10:56 PM
Buy a used rifle, part it out, and sell everything but the action. That's how I had 2 custom built rifles built.

Don

Ol` Joe
November 6, 2009, 10:56 PM
I don`t believe Winchester (FN) sells just actions. I`d grab a used beater m70 off the rack at my local shop If I was after a action for a new project. It will likely be as cheap or cheaper in the long run.

TimM
November 7, 2009, 12:56 AM
thanks guys.

Sunray
November 7, 2009, 01:06 AM
"...don't believe Winchester (FN) sells just actions..." Don't think any of the assorted Winchester Arms companies did either. Most builders buy a rifle just for the action. Sometimes brand new rifles.

blackops
November 7, 2009, 02:22 AM
Great action to start a rifle with.

jmr40
November 7, 2009, 09:02 AM
What caliber? www.cdnnsports.com has FN short actions for the WSM cartridges for around $350. These are Winchester actions built before the Winchester factory closed that have been re-badged for FN. You will have to download the catalog to view their firearms. Only the acessories will show up on the website.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 70 Action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!