What sling for CZ 550?

PDA

johnson_n
November 7, 2009, 11:34 PM
I bought a 550 American in 6.5 Swede last year to hunt for my first time and made the mistake of not getting a sling. It was awfully heavy carrying up and hill, through the mud, etc.

I'm 5'5 and the sling will mainly be used to carry the rifle. What type should I get? Online sources?

If you enjoyed reading about "What sling for CZ 550?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
msiley
November 8, 2009, 12:44 AM
I have a CZ 427 and bought an AK sling for it at cheaperthandirt.com. It works pretty well.
I use it mainly to shoot. I haven't hunted with it yet, but it should work well with that too.

Smith357
November 8, 2009, 09:05 AM
For carrying the rifle I like an inexpensive padded cobra sling, the wide shoulder strap with padding makes it easy on the shoulder, if you ever plan on using a hasty sling to steady the rifle you may not like a cobra as the width and padding makes wrapping it around your arm a little tough.

If you enjoyed reading about "What sling for CZ 550?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!