anyone else using this combo?

PDA

zt77
November 8, 2009, 12:24 AM
I loaded a few different bullets for my k31 with h335 with terrible results. last week I loaded some with varget with much better results, but still not as good as some of yours.

the combo I am settling on in this rifle, for now, with components available is 43 grains of Varget under a Sierra Match King 175 grain. I didn't chrono anything, but the best three shot group I got was 1 inch at 100 yards, the worst being 2.25 inches.
I am not sure if I should be happy about this or not.
the rifle is beech stocked, 1953 I believe, groups shot off of a caldwell lead sled, and I have a leupold scout type scope mounted on an s&k scope base that replaced the rear sight. I'm considering going back to stock iron sights.
I have not perfromed any accurizing techniques to this rifle. brass is trimmed, chamfered, etc.

opinions?

p.s.- GP11 shoots something like 2-3 MOA, at worst, in this rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone else using this combo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cougar1717
November 9, 2009, 01:16 PM
A friend of mine uses H4895 for his K-31. The powder will not produce top velocities, but it is very accurate every time I've seen him shoot it.

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone else using this combo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!