AR-10 & AR-15 parts interchangeability

PDA

zstephens13
November 9, 2009, 01:44 AM
OK guys, all i want to know is if i can buy a free float tube designed for an AR-15 type rifle and put it on an AR-10 type rifle? Does the small barrel diameter difference make a difference? Let me know.

Thanks guys!

Z

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-10 & AR-15 parts interchangeability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mags
November 9, 2009, 01:47 AM
No it will not work the barrel nut on an AR10 is alot larger than the AR15. I know from experience as I have recently ordered a Troy free float rail for my 308 Rock River and the retailer sent me the Troy AR15 rail. It does not work, it will not even come close to going over the barrel nut.

zstephens13
November 9, 2009, 11:02 AM
I have a Rock River LAR-8 as well. Troy makes a free float rail that will work with our guns? Good quality?

Z

Mags
November 9, 2009, 12:53 PM
Troy, JP, and Daniel Defense makes rails for our guns. All those manufacturers are top of the line guys. The Troy was the cheapest of the three at 330 bucks. Here is a link on how to install the Troy on our rifles without removing the LAR-8 barrel nut. LINK (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=436438&page=1)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-10 & AR-15 parts interchangeability" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!