Saiga in 7.62x54r?

PDA

ChronoCube
November 9, 2009, 03:04 PM
It seems like there has been talk of one on the internet for several years. What's the latest scoop on whether they will make one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Saiga in 7.62x54r?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Col. Plink
November 9, 2009, 03:07 PM
Seems like a no-brainer!

wally
November 9, 2009, 03:51 PM
Seems like a no-brainer!

Why? 10 round 7.62x54R PSL mags aren't particularly cheap or all that easy to find. If they go with a proprietary mag, spares will be even more expensive.

The cheap 7.62x54R ammo is corrosive meaning you have to clean after every outing negating perhaps the biggest advantage of the AK design. And you'll need to read the fine print of if it was setup for "light" or "heavy" ammo weight unless they make the gas system adjustable (the PSL needs "light" ball) ammo).

I'm a Saiga fan and would likely get one eventually if they ever came out, but its not something I'm as hot for as say the Kel-Tec RFB.

If you really want a semi auto 7.62x54R the PSL rifles are on sale at most places, about $75 less than I paid for mine a couple of years ago.

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saiga in 7.62x54r?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!