Saiga IZ132 7.62 " Factory". parts needed

PDA

Two shot burst
November 9, 2009, 11:18 PM
I,m hoping someone did a conversion on their stock IZ132 and sved the factory parts that would sell them PLEASE to me.
Thank you

RE:Russian American Saiga 7.62x39 Caliber Rifle.With Hunting stock and BHO feature. "Hammer #20 ref: instruction booklet and #24 the Trigger Mechanism.
I screwed around and now have a two shot burst,not legal here,Damn.

There is only one sort of discipline, perfect discipline.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saiga IZ132 7.62 " Factory". parts needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Avenger29
November 9, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hey, 86 your contact info and what the rifle is doing!. If someone who has the parts is willing to sell or pass them along, then they will contact you through PM! And change your username!

Girodin
November 9, 2009, 11:30 PM
While your intention is clear, you essentially just posted: I just committed a serious felony [manufactured a machine gun] here is my name, phone #, and address. Probably not the most sage thing to do or way to remedy your problem.

Maverick223
November 10, 2009, 12:20 AM
While your intention is clear, you essentially just posted: I just committed a serious felony [manufactured a machine gun] here is my name, phone #, and address. Probably not the most sage thing to do or way to remedy your problem.Not unless it was intentional...it is simply a malfunctioning firearm.

To the OP: Mine did the same thing when I started the conversion. It is not actually firing a two-round burst (assuming that it is the same phenomena as mine), it is firing when you pull and release the trigger. What type of trigger did you *attempt* to install? Tapco G2 Double Hook? Single Hook?

I installed the Double Hook G2 and found that the trigger was slightly resting on the front of the slot where it protrudes and thus not allowing the hook to fully catch the hammer when it comes back after firing the first round. The rifle will then discharge a second time when you let off of the trigger, then the disconnector will then catch the hammer denying the rifle to go full automatic.

You need to file a small amount of steel from the receiver to remedy the problem. If you work slow and take off a small amount at a time you will be left with a better trigger due to less slack and tighter tolerances (just file a little, then test...repeat as needed). In the rendering below you can see the trigger parts, you need to file ON THE RECEIVER just in front of the trigger (to the right in the drawing). File the larger center portion of the "hole", not the notch(es), and you should be good to go.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/PA_Rifleman/AK%20trigger%20fix/01.jpg

:)

Maverick223
November 10, 2009, 12:33 AM
Here is a photo that better illustrates the region that you need to address:
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/Maverick223_album/SaigaConversionProblem.jpg

Two shot burst
November 10, 2009, 12:37 AM
Thank you Re:Hey, 86 your contact info and what the rifle is doing!. If someone who has the parts is willing to sell or pass them along, then they will contact you through PM! And change your username!

and no it wasn't intentinal at all was trying to get a smoother pull ,PERIOD
But truely thanks for your input.
I'm looking for help and nothing more,Mr."G".

Maverick223
November 10, 2009, 12:54 AM
Slow down and try my theory before you start unconverting (which will leave you with a costly unbalanced rifle with a poor trigger). It is VERY difficult (but not impossible) to make a rifle fire actual bursts, much more so than FA. I think you will find that it is double firing upon release of the trigger and my method of repair will work well. Good luck, Mav.

Avenger29
November 10, 2009, 01:03 AM
Thank you Re:Hey, 86 your contact info and what the rifle is doing!. If someone who has the parts is willing to sell or pass them along, then they will contact you through PM! And change your username!

and no it wasn't intentinal at all was trying to get a smoother pull ,PERIOD
But truely thanks for your input.
I'm looking for help and nothing more,Mr."G".

Calm down. We ain't blaming you, but our mutual friends in the B, A, T, F, and E take a very dim view of such things, intentional or not.

Girodin
November 10, 2009, 03:09 AM
Perhaps (IDK if intent is a factor or if it is strict liability) or is it that what needs to be intentional was his attempt to modify the firearm. He intended to modify the the FCG. This was not a case of my gun broke, rather it was a case of I was intentional cutting and grinding and now I have a machine gun. Further, even if we say that manufacturing a machine gun requires intent and that would excuse the OPs actions. There is still the issue of possession of an unregistered machine which could still be a problem. There seems be cases where the cirucuit court ruled that knowledge that the thing was automatic was not required to be guilty of possesing a machine gun. When one knows there gun is auto it is even a more doubtful position Sadly, I don't have time to research the case law right now. Even if I did I would not be giving legal advice. I'll just say this, either way simply hiring an attorney after someone official makes even a minor stink about it will get expensive fast and it is not a headache you want to deal with.

Walkalong
November 10, 2009, 07:06 AM
Destroy the malfunctioning parts. You are breaking the law as it stands now. The feds have no sense of humor about guns that fire more than one round per pull of the trigger, especially when you modified it. Destroy the parts and find new ones. Plain and simple.

D Boone
November 10, 2009, 07:30 AM
PM Sent, but I like to keep my old parts, Mavericks post makes a lot of sense, you need to try a few things first, you will not want to unconvert, it will be more difficult than what you did to get to this point. These things don't do this as a rule, the conversion is a fairly straightforward process. Take it apart and start again. Take your time and make sure you are not hanging up, and that the parts have unrestricted movement. Also look and make sure you don't have a bolt head or piece of screw obstructing the fire control group. Seems like I remember having that as a problem one time? It would be a good idea to take your address off your post, this is the internet.

wally
November 10, 2009, 10:06 AM
You did put in the disconnector spring, didn't you?. It usually doesn't come with the trigger kits so you need to drive out the thin wall roll pin from the original to get at the spring.

--wally.

Babarsac
November 10, 2009, 10:14 AM
I believe I have my old fire control group laying around somewhere. I'll take a look when I get home from work.

Maverick223
November 10, 2009, 11:10 AM
Perhaps (IDK if intent is a factor or if it is strict liability) or is it that what needs to be intentional was his attempt to modify the firearm. He intended to modify the the FCG. This was not a case of my gun broke, rather it was a case of I was intentional cutting and grinding and now I have a machine gun. Further, even if we say that manufacturing a machine gun requires intent and that would excuse the OPs actions. There is still the issue of possession of an unregistered machine which could still be a problem. There seems be cases where the cirucuit court ruled that knowledge that the thing was automatic was not required to be guilty of possesing a machine gun.Per my understanding (I am not an attorney), it depends. If you are simply replacing parts (that are legal...not FA parts) and fitting them to the firearm (my understanding of the situation), then you are perfectly in the clear, as long as you take measures to correct the malfunction. If you "accidentally" add FA parts or modify the disconnector (using string for example) then you ARE NOT in the clear. I should have been more specific in my post.

If I am correct, the firearm in question is only firing once per trigger pull and then firing upon the release of the trigger which is perfectly legal. However, this makes the rifle awkward, unsafe, difficult to control, and will garner more interest than I would like. Either way, I would fix the problem because it is not beneficial in any way. :)

Girodin
November 10, 2009, 11:56 AM
If I am correct, the firearm in question is only firing once per trigger pull and then firing upon the release of the trigger which is perfectly legal.

I also believe this is viewed differently than a weapon that fires two rounds per trigger pull which was what I understood the OP to mean. Subsequent posts seem to indicate differently.

Everything might be able to be shown to be innocent enough in the end, if it were me I would rather not have to do any explaining to do to begin with though. It is not hard to imagine that if you essentially write I made a machine gun and give all your contact info someone might want to investigate a bit. When that happens who knows what they will find or what they will be able to prove.

desidog
November 10, 2009, 11:56 AM
Certainly, disassemble it IMMEDIATELY. Secondly, you address is NY....aren't pistol grips illegal in New York? Seems like you're x2 on the wrong side of some laws written in plain English.

I recommend getting a thumbhole stock as you'd see on a Bulgarian AK. You can find one for 20 bucks or so.

Maverick223
November 10, 2009, 12:08 PM
Everything might be able to be shown to be innocent enough in the end, if it were me I would rather not have to do any explaining to do to begin with though.Agreed 100%, correct the problem as soon as is practicable. :)

bullockcm
November 10, 2009, 12:59 PM
Certainly, disassemble it IMMEDIATELY. Secondly, you address is NY....aren't pistol grips illegal in New York? Seems like you're x2 on the wrong side of some laws written in plain English.

I recommend getting a thumbhole stock as you'd see on a Bulgarian AK. You can find one for 20 bucks or so.

This is not correct. In NY we still have to play the "features" game. Pistol grips are not illegal but are on the list of allowable features of which only 2 are allowed.

iyaoyas98
November 10, 2009, 05:43 PM
Dang man. Lots of posts here with no parts. Edit your post to remove stupidity ( I have practice). PM me your address, and I'll send you my stock trigger group as soon as my ordered Tapco set gets here. Easy huh?

CnRnut
November 10, 2009, 07:07 PM
If the last guy falls through,I should have the parts you need.
PM me if needed.

Two shot burst
November 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
Not coverting athing just want a smoother trigger.
Must fit the brand new Saiga 7.62 Mdl IZ132 with BHO
"bolt hold open" feature. I'm told that these are the only ones that will fit.
I do not want a pistol grip AK.
Parts and that's it. Legal Matters?
2- Brother are cops ,Nephew is a cop, nephew in the US Army is CID, my uncle is a judge ,the other is a retired from NYCPD, and a son in-law that's a lawyer along with my cousin. OBTW one of my cousins is a woman COP.
I'm retired from DOD, Veteran Viatnam 68/72. 11-B/11-c and worked with the CID also.
Thanks for all that had some validity as being able to read.

I need FACTORY PARTS and that's it .NOT CONVERTING A THING.

Again Thanks In Advance
Benny

Avenger29
November 10, 2009, 09:08 PM
Brother are cops ,Nephew is a cop, nephew in the US Army is CID, my uncle is a judge ,the other is a retired from NYCPD, and a son in-law that's a lawyer along with my cousin. OBTW one of my cousins is a woman COP.
I'm retired from DOD, Veteran Viatnam 68/72. 11-B/11-c and worked with the CID also.

And, that don't mean **** in the BATFE's eyes. They aren't impressed.

We know you are not converting anything. But your pleas will fall on deaf ears of feds if they get a sniff of the action you have posted and they don't care about "mistakes". I know damn well how to read, and I and others are trying to warn you of the dire consequences that are out there, but you aren't listening. Do you even have a clue of what the BATFE has ruled in the past? They ruled that a shoestring was a machinegun. Idiocy like that can happen to you.

Remember, common sense is a dying characteristic.

D Boone
November 11, 2009, 01:04 PM
I will pull them out and post them tomorrow. Hope it works for you.

Cheers.

Two shot burst
November 11, 2009, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Brother are cops ,Nephew is a cop, nephew in the US Army is CID, my uncle is a judge ,the other is a retired from NYCPD, and a son in-law that's a lawyer along with my cousin. OBTW one of my cousins is a woman COP.

And, that don't mean **** in the BATFE's eyes. They aren't impressed.

We know you are not converting anything. But your pleas will fall on deaf ears of feds if they get a sniff of the action you have posted and they don't care about "mistakes". I know damn well how to read, and I and others are trying to warn you of the dire consequences that are out there, but you aren't listening. Do you even have a clue of what the BATFE has ruled in the past? They ruled that a shoestring was a machinegun. Idiocy like that can happen to you.

Remember, common sense is a dying characteristic.

Ok it;s Veteran's Day.. knowing about all the warnings that some have helped me with is takin with 1005 validity and appreciation and yes I torched the parts after all the warnigs,again thank you folks.

Now for the one's that have offered their very genorous help I'd like to say thats made my Veteran's Day a very happy one.
Again Thank You Very Much.

Lession learned leave the trigger groups as they are and get use to it.

God Bless all.
I'd to appolgise if I was gettin a bit harsh with some of you folks.

Benny

Maverick223
November 11, 2009, 07:13 PM
Good luck with the new parts Benny.

Two shot burst
November 11, 2009, 09:04 PM
Again thanks to all .
Benny

damagedworld
November 11, 2009, 11:01 PM
If you cant get them i can likely get them for you but im not sure about the cost.. if you need ANY stock Saiga parts PM me a photo of the part and im %95 sure i can get it.. cost will vary.. I have done a LOT of conversions and have performed several for people so i probably know someone with the parts you need.. let me know...

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 04:48 PM
If you cant get them i can likely get them for you but im not sure about the cost.. if you need ANY stock Saiga parts PM me a photo of the part and im %95 sure i can get it.. cost will vary.. I have done a LOT of conversions and have performed several for people so i probably know someone with the parts you need.. let me know...

Sir that's all great and fine. BUT only the one Mdl I listed works.I'm not conerting anything .Again Mdl IZ132 with BHO feature 7.62X39 HUNTING Style Weapon.
Thank you
Benny

damagedworld
November 12, 2009, 04:54 PM
i understand.. when we convert them.. we end up with the FACTORY parts left over.. some people hang onto them.. others sell them.. i know several people with CONVERTED Saigas who would likely sell you ANY factory parts you need..

i just need to know EXACTLY what you need...

just trying to help..

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 06:58 PM
i just need to know EXACTLY what you need...

just trying to help..

The Hammer which is # 20and whats called the trigger mechanism. NO TRIGGER just the unit that mounts on it Which is # 24 per parts manual.
But I have a few great posters that are sending them to me. Hoping they work in this HUNTING Model. Which is to be a totaly differt set up. I do noy know. again I thank all of you for the help
Benny

Avenger29
November 12, 2009, 07:06 PM
Nevermind

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 07:56 PM
Avenger29 What do you mean Change My usre name,Nevermind etc?

Do you belong to a group of bikers in SC that I may know. I have family also in SC/NC/Ga/Tex/Fla. small world. OBTW Avenger sounds sort of strong to me. JMHHO
But no I won't change it. I realy like this forum for the help and friendships I have made. Hey I'm an old Vet and have never played on forums so please except my dearest appolgies. So old that if I laugh,cough,sneeze to hard I may pee my BDUs.
B2B

Maverick223
November 12, 2009, 08:06 PM
Avenger is just trying to look out for your best interests, but as long as you destroyed the defective parts you should be fine.

Avenger29
November 12, 2009, 08:44 PM
Naw, I'm not a biker. I like my cage a lot:D. My username is something that I've been using for 4 years now, so it's a bit late to change it.

my username doesn't quite hint at a fed level crime like yours. It's probably no big deal, but I'm a big believer in personal security. Posting your name and contact info in the original post, well, not the best idea. You may want to contact a moderator and have them edit your first post to get rid of your contact info and they would be happy to help you.

I just don't want you, an innocent party, to end up as a JuniorBATFEman's resume enhancement. Some enterprising fed might ferret your thread/username/contact info out and make a case out of your predicament, and that would be a damn shame. Oh, by the way, if you do a search on your name, you will see it has already been picked up by the search crawlers.

I didn't know how to quote/personal message/post images for a long while, so in time you'll figure it out if you hang around. We're glad you found THR, one of the great forums on the net, and you'll soon have your rifle back up and running in short order. I know the Siaga stock trigger isn't the best, but it ain't the worst, either, not by a long shot.

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hoping to get these parts this may help?

I need the Hammer & Trigger mechanism Has to be from the weapon pictured.No other parts will fit.I need orignal Factory parts?
Thanks In Advance
Benny

Manufacturer Description: THE SAIGA IS AN AUTOLOADING RIFLE with a hunting buttstock and fore end (plastic). The Saiga rifles are intended for hunting big and medium-sized game under different climatic conditions. The rifles are developed on the base of the venerable Kalashnikov assault rifle and chambered for 7.62x39 and. 223 Rem (5.56x45) cartridges.

damagedworld
November 12, 2009, 10:04 PM
a Saiga in 7.62x39 is that.. the factory fire control group is the same.. the only ones that are different are a) ones that have been converted and b) ones sold in places other than the US where properly configured AK style rifles are not frowned on.. so the parts you need should be ANY standard saiga fire control group.. like i said if you cant find the parts you need let me know im sure i know someone who has what you need..

if someone already is sending it to you, thats fine also..

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 10:17 PM
Bad parts melted down . So I hope the folks that sent me the items work .All I read is this issue isn't interchangable with other AKs Manufacures. It's said to be loner. But hey I'm new at this.
again thanks to all.

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 10:19 PM
should of written 'These parts aren't, instead of this issues. sorry

Avenger29
November 12, 2009, 10:23 PM
Good deal, and again, hope your rifle gets up and running soon! I hate having my guns down and unusable...

Two shot burst
November 12, 2009, 10:25 PM
I do also. I love it.but the trigger sucked. Can not interchange it unless it is converted. I want it just as it looks. Sporty Hunting weapon not an assault looking monster. LOL
Thank you

Reviewed By: Dennis
Reviewed On: 6/24/06
Overall Rating: 10 Stars out of 10 Stars
Review: This is an extremely well-made rifle that is far superior to the competing AK designs that I've owne. These are made at Izhevsk, which apparently has tight quality control. The gun has been re-engineered to not accept any original AK internal parts, which is appropriate for a sporting rifle or target gun.
Pros: Proper length of pull generates excellent handling qualities, 21-inch barrel produces higher velocities and longer sight radius. Gas tube and receiver cover are xtra heavy duty.
Cons: Barrel could stand to be 10 or 12 oz heavier. The gun is a little on the light side for off-hand shooting.
Item Description:
Ease of Use: very easy
Quality: Excellent
Size:
Weight:
Price:

Reviewed By: Mike
Reviewed On: May 30th
Overall Rating: 9 Stars out of 10 Stars
Review: Very good rifle to own. Definitely worth the money, and better quality than most AK models out there. Come factory w/ chrome-lined barrel, reliable, and when in factory configuration, not very heavy. Good all around rifle, and a great one to buy.
Pros: Reliable, tough. Simple internal design, making replacing parts an ease. Easy to dissasemble and clean.
Cons: Little heavy, although, it depends on what you do to it.
Item Description:
Ease of Use: Competition, Pleasure (Maybe Hunting Too)
Quality: It's Russian... They invented the AK (It's Supreme)
Size: ???
Weight: Not too light, but not bad.
Price: Well... I got mine for a steal.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

damagedworld
November 12, 2009, 11:44 PM
ok let me try one more time.. my "assult looking monster"..

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3786/ultimakace1lp9.jpg

CAME from the factory in HUNTING configuration with the monte carlo stock and the not so smooth trigger...

http://www.raacfirearms.com/images/p_saiga.jpg

SO when we move the fire control group (trigger and other parts) forward we replace them.. so we end up with lots of FACTORY HUNTING fire control groups left over...

which is what i THINK you are looking for..

D Boone
November 13, 2009, 10:17 AM
The parts you seek went in the mail yesterday

Two shot burst
November 13, 2009, 08:46 PM
D Boone,
Thank you very much.
B2B
Ben

Two shot burst
November 14, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hello .Would the person that lives in Wilson,NC please PM me?
Thanks In Advance

Maverick223
November 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
Huntersville, not even close to Wilson.

Two shot burst
November 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
Ok! Wilson does rock. I have relation down there. They do love Baseball.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saiga IZ132 7.62 " Factory". parts needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!