Help me bring my safe queen back to life...

PDA

Newt
November 11, 2009, 02:19 PM
My safe queen isn't a safe queen because it's expensive or beautiful. It's a safe queen because I just use other guns in it's place. It's a Win 94. I really like the gun and love carrying around something as light as it is, but I just haven't hunted with it in about 5 or 6 years, and I'm really not sure why. I have a Rem Model 7 and Tikka T3 that get most of the use. I was just thinking if I did something to the gun, it might make me want to hunt with it more. What can I do to the gun to make me want to carry it more. I don't want to scope a 94. It just doesn't suit the gun to have glass on it. Anything else I can do to it? Suggestions? Advice?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me bring my safe queen back to life..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SundownRider
November 11, 2009, 02:46 PM
What about having a tang sight installed? I have one on my 94 and it's a lot of fun tagging targets out a lot further than I normally would have. Lyman makes great ones with different aperture sights.

hawmanai
November 11, 2009, 06:05 PM
I would not do much to it, nice rifle as it is.

I just picked up another Win 94 after not having one for a long time for a few reasons; shot my first deer with one, kids are getting bigger and it's size and recoil are OK for them, fun to work the action and shoot, classic Old West gun.

Badlander
November 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
Take it hunting! you may fall back in love.

Legionnaire
November 11, 2009, 06:28 PM
I just haven't hunted with it in about 5 or 6 years, and I'm really not sure why. I have a Rem Model 7 ...
Second sentence answers the question implied by the first. :p My Model 7 is my "go to" hunting rifle. There's a reason for that ...

RonE
November 11, 2009, 10:50 PM
Just use it to hunt hogs with outside of deer season.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me bring my safe queen back to life..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!