M91/30 recievers

PDA

Socmedic27
November 12, 2009, 05:15 PM
Is there any real difference in Hex v. Round reciever? purely cosmetic? is one more desirable than the other? I'm thinking of picking one up and it seems there is about a $10 difference in price.

If you enjoyed reading about "M91/30 recievers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
41magsnub
November 12, 2009, 05:17 PM
Hex is the earlier model and is supposedly slightly more desirable. If you swing that way they are supposed to be easier to mount a scope on as well.

SlamFire1
November 12, 2009, 05:31 PM
All the hex receivers I have seen were Tsarist. Round ones were Soviet.

The Finns chose hex receivers over round receivers. I have seen a few round receivered Finnish rifles, I don't think they were rebarreled, just battle field capture that were reissued.

I really doubt there is any big difference between the two, outside of tooling marks.

Maybe others have better information.

twkremer
November 12, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hex receivers are older, and seem to be a little better quality, and round receivers were made closer to the second world war and the winter war, so they were made a bit hastier, and often have poor finishes. Although I do have an early 39 round receiver, and it has a decent finish. It pretty much comes down to ten or twenty dollars.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "M91/30 recievers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!