Armscore Target Rimfires, anyone??

PDA

mdsteele
November 6, 2003, 10:59 PM
I was looking at the last CDNN catolog and noticed these neat looking little rifles.
Anyone here have one and how is the quality?
I am thinking of this to be my step sons first rifle.

Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "Armscore Target Rimfires, anyone??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
son of a gun
November 7, 2003, 12:52 AM
Are you talking about the m16 & AK 22lr's ?

mdsteele
November 7, 2003, 01:28 AM
Nope, 22lr bolt and semi-autos. They look like hunting guns.

son of a gun
November 7, 2003, 11:31 PM
I looked at them I like the stocks, but I doubt the phillapino quality is going to be as good as a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin. I've seen Marlins on sale for $100.00 that even came with scopes at K-mart and Wal-mart but buying during hunting season is a bad time.

WonderNine
November 8, 2003, 12:01 AM
I don't know about the rifles, but ALL of the ARMSCOR .22lr and .22wmr ammo I have shot has the worst accuracy I have ever seen. The .22wmr SP and HP was particularily bad. Shot this ammo through two different Marlin model 60's, a Ruger 10/22, a Ruger Single Six, a Phoenix Arms HP-22, a Ruger MKII and finally a Taurus PT22.

Pretty much the same results with ARMSCOR .223.

makarov
November 8, 2003, 03:06 AM
In the same flyer, the IZH Biathlon Basic rifles are down to $209 and I can almost guarantee you they will outshoot those Armscor things and almost any other .22 you can name. Well worth looking into.

Snakeshot
November 8, 2003, 10:41 AM
I had a friend's Armscor Model 20 for a couple of months.
It is a semi-auto, mag fed .22lr.

I impressed with how well it was made. The stock, though not any fancy wood, had an excellent finish.

Accuracy was as good as any under $200 off the shelf .22 semi I have ever fired. Comparable with the older Marlin Model 60s. Better than a stock 10/22.

They make one in bolt action? I would like to see that!

son of a gun
November 8, 2003, 01:00 PM
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/mak22.jpg

Get him one of these

Armscor type AK-47/22,.

If you enjoyed reading about "Armscore Target Rimfires, anyone??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!