Saddle rings and old blue??

PDA

gunnerjones
November 13, 2009, 08:54 PM
Hey everone,

Does any one know if it is possable to have a Saddle Ring put on a Rossi M92?? And I would like to make it look old... there is a trick to make it look old. The look i want it pail blueing with dark bluing in spots arond the lever/ saddle ring/ and lever... and tips guys??

If you enjoyed reading about "Saddle rings and old blue??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TenDriver
November 17, 2009, 03:31 PM
I think the older ones already have a saddle ring. Mine does, but has a silly looking cat badge to go along with it.

ArmedBear
November 17, 2009, 04:02 PM
Smear bird blood on it unevenly. Leave it for a while, then wipe it off with CLP.

I don't recommend actually doing this, but it works on shotguns in the field.:) I don't recommend ANY sort of "antique" finish. It just begs for rusting (that includes commercial antique style finishes).

kanook
November 17, 2009, 04:04 PM
You can age a firearm with cat urine. Had a friend slip a rag under his cat when it was "going" and then wrapped his Uberti in it for a day ot two. It pulled off some of the blueing and gave a "patina" look to it.

And yes it smelt for a couple of weeks cause he didn't take off the wood grips.

Badlander
November 17, 2009, 09:32 PM
Gun parts sells A saddle ring. You would have to d+t the reciever to install it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saddle rings and old blue??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!