Anybody have a Century Arms .45 ACP Enfield?

PDA

Legionnaire
November 16, 2009, 01:18 PM
Saw one of these at Shyda's last week. Never saw one before. Looked pretty cool, despite the cheap-looking utilitarian stock. Supposedly takes standard 1911 magazines. Can't think of what I'd use one for, but I'm intrigued. Anybody here have one? Whatcha think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody have a Century Arms .45 ACP Enfield?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
November 16, 2009, 04:48 PM
I made one using the SIA kit. I think the Century rifles were made using Rhineland kits, but I'm not sure. I love mine! My range has a pistol-caliber carbine range and it's lots of fun. I already reload .45 ACP, so it's been fun coming up with loads to take advantage of the bolt action and long barrel. What was the price? Where was the ejector?

Gelgoog
November 16, 2009, 06:15 PM
when did CAI come out with these? cause I do not see them up on their website.

Walkalong
November 16, 2009, 06:45 PM
I have never seen one. How much are they? Who has them?

jonnyc
November 16, 2009, 10:47 PM
I have an article reviewing Century's Enfield carbine. No date on my photocopy, but I think it's fairly recent, VOLUME 63 - ISSUE 26.

Gelgoog
November 16, 2009, 10:56 PM
well what is the name of the carbine? the century catalog name so I can find it using the search engine.

paintballdude902
November 16, 2009, 11:09 PM
more info required i was gonna build one with an old enfield barreled action i have but college is a but more expensive than i expected

jonnyc
November 17, 2009, 06:01 AM
The article keeps calling it the ".45 ACP Lee-Enfield", but I believe it is not a current item.

Legionnaire
November 19, 2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry, guys. I didn't note the location of the ejector, and don't recall the price; it was fairly inexpensive ... I want to say $299, but can't be sure. Maybe it was $399. I don't see it in Century's newest catalog, but I found it in one I downloaded (to a different computer) a couple of days ago. I'll see if I can find it again and post a link.

Okay, here it is. Page 7 in their February '06 catalog: http://www.centuryarms.com/pdf/CIA_feb_06_RETAIL-web.pdf

jonnyc
November 19, 2009, 10:29 PM
The SIA kit cost me $300 and the donor No.4 was another $115. At this point I probably have about $450 into mine. Not cheap, but worth it to me. If you can get that one, built on a Rhinelander kit, I would say either price is pretty good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody have a Century Arms .45 ACP Enfield?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!