Dry fire Atchisson-Ceiner .22 AR 15 conversion kit?

PDA

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 16, 2009, 06:33 PM
Yes or no to dry firing this particular rimfire? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dry fire Atchisson-Ceiner .22 AR 15 conversion kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 18, 2009, 06:33 PM
Anybody?

OcelotZ3
November 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sorry, not much info here. I just checked the manual for my Atchisson converter (NIB from 1973) and the manual says absolutely nothing about dry firing.

I don't use it because I have a military m-261 converter that has been running great so no need for the Achisson.

taliv
November 18, 2009, 10:32 PM
i'd have to look but i think there's a cutout in the chamber insert where the firing pin strikes so that it doesn't touch the chamber. i assume that means it's ok, but again, i'd have to look.

TonyRumore
November 19, 2009, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't dry fire a Ceiner unit. The firing pins break in those from time to time anyway.

Tony

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 20, 2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks all.

ArmedBear
November 20, 2009, 09:56 AM
A standard Ciener bolt/magazine combo doesn't have LSHO, so you'd better be able to dry-fire it.

I wouldn't dry-fire it for fun, but that's true of any gun IMO.

If you really are worried about it, Black Dog magazines offer LSHO, but I find the Ciener mag to be more pleasant to load (there's a simple mod for the Black Dog using a string but I haven't done it to mine).

If you enjoyed reading about "Dry fire Atchisson-Ceiner .22 AR 15 conversion kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!