T/C Venture or Weatherby Vanguard VG1

PDA

keebo52
November 16, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm thinking about getting a new white tail rifle. My local dealer has the new T/C Venture for $449 and Academy sport has the Weatherby for $399. I like both. The T/C claims 1 MOA and the Weatherby claims 1.5 MOA. Any ideas on which is the best deal?

If you enjoyed reading about "T/C Venture or Weatherby Vanguard VG1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Birdmang
November 16, 2009, 08:55 PM
Is the tc the one you can switch out calibers?

keebo52
November 16, 2009, 09:07 PM
Don't think so. It's their new bolt gun, not a break open single shot.

Uncle Mike
November 16, 2009, 09:08 PM
Get the TC-

rbernie
November 16, 2009, 09:25 PM
Both are decent rifles; accurate and with no real reported flaws (other than being a bit heavy). The best deal is the one that fits you well, and fit is surprisingly different between rifles and people.

Jim Reaves
November 16, 2009, 09:33 PM
They are both good rifles, I recommend the T/C because all my experience has been with their firearms.

Arkansas Paul
November 16, 2009, 11:49 PM
I bought a Vangaurd in .30-06 and never regretted it. I had narrowed it down to the Weatherby and a Remington 700. I'm glad I made the choice I did. Excellent groups with anything you feed it.

If you enjoyed reading about "T/C Venture or Weatherby Vanguard VG1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!