hooplever for win.'94

PDA

flinter4deer
November 16, 2009, 09:17 PM
where can i get a hooplever for a winchester '94 in .44 mag..i know numrich arms carried them for the .30-.30 don't know if one would work or could be modified to fit the .44....chuck conners i ain't,just big hands and w/gloves i could use the room......thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "hooplever for win.'94" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tractorshaft
November 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
Hi,

I have been playing with leverguns for a while and have had big-loops and non-big loops guns. I have come to this realization. If you are wearing gloves so big and bulky to necessitate having a huge lever loop how in the hell can you pull the trigger with them on? :evil: Ha ha!

I usually cycle the lever with the last two fingers on my trigger hand. It takes a little getting used to but really works out nicely once you get used to the technique. This allows me to use mostly stock lever loops on all of my lever guns. This way you can get your thumb back on the grip stock faster and use "Gripping strength" to finish closing the action in a positive and repeatable fashion. Besides that advantage using the factory loop keeps the profile as lean as possible without a huge "Bump" if you will halfway down the gun.

Not bustin your chops old man, just came to the realization that a nice "medium" sized lever loop is the best of both worlds for those who simply cant live without enlarging the factory lever loop. Something like this one is a nice compromise. IMHO these things are a solution to a "non-problem";

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Tractorshaft/ll.jpg

This one is from DRC customs.

Jerry

flinter4deer
November 19, 2009, 12:02 AM
thanks,Tractorshaft,good wisdom here...some things should be left alone...i'll manage fine,funny....pulling the trigger is no problem!

Maverick223
November 19, 2009, 12:30 AM
I agree with tractorshaft, I have always been a fan of light gloves (typically use unlined deerskin, or Thinsulate lined leather when it gets really cold). I would rather keep my dexterity...ever try to pee with boxing gloves on? :uhoh: If and when I pick up a Marlin 1895SBL (comes standard with large loop), I plan to swap it for a standard loop and will likely wrap it in paracord for a tighter, more comfortable fit.

:)

Cocked & Locked
November 19, 2009, 01:02 PM
Buy a factory version that came with a large loop lever?

94AE .44 magnum Wrangler

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2169/3082611/17383006/336269241.jpg

Maverick223
November 20, 2009, 12:24 AM
Jeez, I could fit my foot in that thing. :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "hooplever for win.'94" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!