Wasr-10...

PDA

spartanpride
November 17, 2009, 09:57 PM
I have been thinking about buying a new WASR-10 AK rifle, seeing how they're only about $420, with all of the other "goodies" included. My father owns one that I have shot several times, it is an excellent and accurate gun. I have heard some things online like a canted front sight block, wobbly mag well and also a canted gas tube. The first two I could easily fix if needed, but the canted gas tube, I'm not sure how that even happens, or how to fix it. Anybody have much experience with this problem? I'm just curious just in case I order one that might have this rare problem.

Much obliged, Kenny

If you enjoyed reading about "Wasr-10..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
November 17, 2009, 10:48 PM
Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles (http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/)

The above site should be of interest to you, as it has several "how to" articles for the Kalashnikov (specifically, the Romanian variety, but applicable to any).

joejoeshooter
November 18, 2009, 12:56 AM
classic arms has them for under $400 includes the shooters kit...

spartanpride
November 18, 2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the posts!

DeepSouth
November 18, 2009, 11:04 PM
If your going to buy a WASR here is a valuable piece of info.
As of 2008, there are GP WASR-10/63 rifles which are being made from demilled military rifles. Look for a triangle with arrow (some only have a triangle) on the front trunnion. Quality is much better with these

pgeleven
November 19, 2009, 06:10 AM
i swear the WASR needs its own forum. its a GREAT topic, dont get me wrong, but it rises up 1-2 times a month

If you enjoyed reading about "Wasr-10..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!