AK Mags

PDA

giggitygiggity
November 17, 2009, 10:42 PM
I just purchased an SGL21-61. Where can I get the cheapest, but most reliable and durable magazines? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jguy101
November 17, 2009, 10:59 PM
The 21's a 7.62x39mm, right? If so, just about any European surplus metal mag will do, and I've heard good things about the South Korean magazines coming in as well. For polymers, shun ProMags and Bulgarian "bullet" mags (the "circle 10" magazines are fine but a little pricey), and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the Master Molder thermold magazines. CDNN may still have the Master Molders for less that $15 each.

janobles14
November 17, 2009, 11:23 PM
aim surplus has ak mags for about 10 bucks each right now. milsurp steel ribbed. all the ones i have used have done just fine.

wacki
November 17, 2009, 11:43 PM
I really like the new South Korean 40rd mags @ http://www.classicarms.us/

zoom6zoom
November 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
Where can I get the cheapest, but most reliable and durable magazines?
Usually these criteria don't go along with each other... but just buy the cheapest commie surplus metal mags you can find and you'll be fine. Stay away from commercial poly mags and such.

tju1973
November 18, 2009, 10:44 PM
CDNN or Centerfire Systems have the $9.99 SK 30 rounders right now-- I bought 2 and besides the weird PArkerized looking color, mine have been flawless..I seem to have heard the 40 rounders weren't so good, but YMMV..

FMJMIKE
November 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
AIM SURPLUS has 10 surplus European mags for $8.95 each plus shipping. My 10 look like new............I got them for my SGL-21 too...........:D
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Surplus_European_Steel_AK47_7.62x39_30rd_magazines.html

rbernie
November 19, 2009, 07:45 PM
I got a boxful, and they are excellent mags. Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep - as the former ComBloc countries slowly liquidate their surplus inventory, I expect the price and availability of these mags to suffer.

giggitygiggity
November 19, 2009, 08:16 PM
rbernie,

You are talking about the AIM Surplus European Steel Mags right? Thanks.

wally
November 19, 2009, 08:52 PM
For what its worth, the AIM mags shown lack the rib along the back. The South Korean mags have it. I think the black looks better than the SK parkarizied, so its a toss-up.

--wally.

rbernie
November 19, 2009, 09:21 PM
The AIM magazines that I got had the rib. Their current shipment may not. I have also had great luck with the CDNN Bulgie polymer mags.

wally
November 19, 2009, 11:04 PM
That's the thing with AIM, can't really tell what you will actually get. I got some AK mags from them that were so badly dented that the followers would hang up on loading, although they looked great at first glance :(

Aim offered me a return for credit, but I pounded out the dents and soldiered on -- they are AK mags after all :)

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!