what is it?

PDA

shutzen75
November 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
my father left me his rifles when he passed, and there is a 22 automatic rifle that is missing a clip. The only Identifying marks on this rifle are as followe
" carabine automatique, followed by this diamond shaped mark containing the letters,<GTvarM>22lr cal 55 or 5.5?
Can anyone out there help Identify this piece
Thanks, shutz:cool::confused:en@iname.com

If you enjoyed reading about "what is it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HoosierQ
November 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
You will need to send in some pics. That always goes a lot better. Markings on a gun can vary a great deal in some cases.

And welcome aboard the forum. This is a great place to learn new things. Once you get your gun identified, keep coming back!

alexanderplatz
November 20, 2009, 08:15 PM
my father left me his rifles when he passed, and there is a 22 automatic rifle that is missing a clip. The only Identifying marks on this rifle are as followe
" carabine automatique, followed by this diamond shaped mark containing the letters,<GTvarM>22lr cal 55 or 5.5?
Can anyone out there help Identify this piece
Thanks, shutzen@iname.com

Well, carabine automatique is clearly French, and apparently there was a French manufacturer called Gevarm or GEVARMS. Could that be what it says inside the diamond shaped stamping?

Check out Google (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS278US278&um=1&sa=1&q=gevarms&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&start=0). The magazines appear to be hard to find. You might check this out too: http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25944

shutzen75
November 21, 2009, 03:03 AM
:)thanks for the url North Dakota forum I went there and landed exactly where I wanted. Thanks agian shutzen

If you enjoyed reading about "what is it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!