Loose Finn M-39 action

PDA

Paladin5469
November 21, 2009, 07:51 PM
So I finally traded in the HK P7 that I've been less than in love with for store credit at my favorite toy err... firearms store and picked up a well loved S&W model 41 and an absolutely beautiful Finn M-39. Perfect stock, bluing, rifling, made in 1967, I couldn't ask for a better example. After getting home and cycling the action in the Finn, I noticed that the entire action shifts forward and back a tiny bit. I could just tighten the screws that hold the receiver to the stock and be done with it but the question occurred to me- if someone fired the weapon in this condition, would any damage occur to the bedding or stock? I may very well be paranoid but this is what the internet is for :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Loose Finn M-39 action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wood grain grippin
November 21, 2009, 08:15 PM
Possibly over a period of time you could damage the wood, if but slightly I would imagine. Why don't you just tighten the screws and stop worrying about it?

NCsmitty
November 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
As long as you did not get a wobble in the screws when tightening, (bent screws) the action should tighten up properly. Remember to keep the action firm to the butt stock while tightening.

NCsmitty

SlamFire1
November 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
Tighten the screws. Do not shoot this rifle without tight action screws. You will just damage the stock bedding.

Go out and shoot it, and you get a nice circular group, your bedding is likely OK.

If your groups are huge and not circular, you may have a bedding problem. But I would check out other things first.

If you enjoyed reading about "Loose Finn M-39 action" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!