dont laugh at me....

PDA

ganymede
November 21, 2009, 09:32 PM
but how do i take the stock off my ak-47? it has a little screw that come off the top that i took out, but i cant get the stock off to come off. is it just stuck or do i need to do soemthing else. does it slide up or down?

If you enjoyed reading about "dont laugh at me...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Weedy
November 21, 2009, 09:34 PM
I've had the same problem and just haven't tried to find the answer yet, so I'll be checking this thread too!

Robert
November 21, 2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.surplusrifle.com/akm/rifledisassembly/index.asp

That applies to field stripping. There may be more info on the site.
Hope that helps a little.

Z-Michigan
November 21, 2009, 10:05 PM
Generally there are two screws, one visible outside, one underneath the recoil spring (immediately visible when you remove the spring). You need to remove both.

After that, it's rubber mallet time. The buttstock is often forced into the receiver pretty hard and may take some effort to remove.

buckeye8
November 21, 2009, 10:06 PM
Aren't there two screws that attach the stock to the reciever? Should be two identical screws that you need to take out.

After that, it does sometimes take a small amount of wiggle and elbow grease to get the stock off, especially the first time.

Edit: Z-Michigan beat me to it. Guess that's the only time a Michigander beat a Buckeye today! Just kidding... it's the only time in YEARS!

Ohio Gun Guy
November 21, 2009, 10:15 PM
Take off the dust cover (Reciever) there is another screw there.

ganymede
November 21, 2009, 10:30 PM
thanks all

JDGray
November 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
Guess that's the only time a Michigander beat a Buckeye today! Just kidding... it's the only time in YEARS!

More like 6 years. You guys been wooping are butts for awhile:o

buckeye8
November 22, 2009, 12:03 AM
More like 6 years. You guys been wooping are butts for awhile

You guys deserve it, after ruining my childhood (also known as the John Cooper Era)!

Sunray
November 22, 2009, 12:20 AM
"...wooping are butts..." Doing what? Whupping our butts?
There's a 16 meg AK manual here. Left colume, second row. Doubt it tells you how to take the stock off though. http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm
Exploded drawing here. http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=996
Why do you want to remove the stock? Just curious.

buckeye8
November 22, 2009, 04:07 PM
Sunray, it's an Ohio/Michigan football thing that understandably went over your head. And I'm sure he either wants to replace or refinish his stock.

jojo200517
November 22, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hey don't sweat it, I had issues figuring out how to get my old one off to replace it with a telescopic stock. Even after ya get the screws out its tight as heck usually.

Glockman17366
November 22, 2009, 05:23 PM
If it's a thumbhole stock, there will be a long screw where the "pistol" grip is.

You may have to replace the screws (especially at the pistol grip) too, if the new stock's pistol grip is a different length.

JDGray
November 22, 2009, 05:27 PM
You guys deserve it, after ruining my childhood (also known as the John Cooper Era)!

Bow yer head in shame!!! The Lions just beat the Browns!! Oh Man, thats gotta hurt!!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "dont laugh at me...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!