Had to return my .22 conversion for M-4

PDA

icecorps
November 21, 2009, 09:00 PM
I bought a CMMG .22 conversion for my M-4/AR-15 but had to return it. The bolt would not return to the forward position.

Took a look at it with the guy at the gunshop, and we could see that my hammer sat too high to allow the bolt to move freely.

He offered to sell me a new "trigger" which I suspect meant a drop-in trigger assembly with hammer, but I declined. I didn't want to spend $200 to get a $200 conversion to work.

Has anyone seen this before? The lower I have which contained the hammer is a CMMG, which I bought as a complete lower.

If you enjoyed reading about "Had to return my .22 conversion for M-4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mljdeckard
November 21, 2009, 09:04 PM
Is it a notched hammer?

Floppy_D
November 21, 2009, 09:16 PM
Is it a notched hammer?
+1. Make sure the hammer is mil-spec. I had trouble with a Del-Ton parts kit locking up a Colt upper, due to the hammer.

mljdeckard
November 21, 2009, 09:45 PM
The good news is, a new hammer is probably about ten bucks, and a rookie can install it easily.

BBsteel
November 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
I would've asked for the hammer swap. Doesn't always mean lots of money. Did you bother to ask what it would entail? Probably be a $10 deal if your hammer is notched.

icecorps
November 23, 2009, 11:37 AM
It's not a notched hammer. But I could see how it was clearly in the way of the bolt return. Is there an adjustment for how high the hammer sits when cocked?

If you enjoyed reading about "Had to return my .22 conversion for M-4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!