Trigger locks at Gander Mountain

PDA

menacingsquirrel
November 22, 2009, 04:23 PM
Am I the only one who is bothered by the trigger locks on the rifles at Gander Mountain that are tethered to the wall? Every time it seems I look at a new rifle, the trigger guard is all chewed up by the trigger lock they have on them. I wouldn't mind on used guns. I expect them to have some wear, but on a new rifle, I'd rather do the damage personally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trigger locks at Gander Mountain" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
eight433
November 22, 2009, 04:25 PM
you buy "rack" guns? I like to watch them take them out of the box for the first time :)

52grain
November 22, 2009, 06:42 PM
I only buy rack guns if they are either in flawless condition or they are discounted accordingly.

bigfatdave
November 23, 2009, 12:35 AM
My local Gander insisted on giving me a trigger lock with a lever gun.
I demonstrated how moving this here lever thingy also moved the trigger guard, and thus allowed the trigger lock to clatter to the floor with the slightest nudge ... they still put it in the bag, even though I asked them to bundle a freebie cleaning pad instead (that week it was locks with rifles, and pads with handguns, according to the counter drone).

The thing to remember is that these big box stores don't care about collectability, they don't really care about customer retention, and they don't care if the counter guy is completely ignorant ... which is why I only shop GM for fondling guns before buying them elsewhere, or to utilize their price-match on guns nobody else has in stock. Otherwise I shop at small LGS where the owner is present and there is a cash discount in effect (I hate the passing on of merchant fees, and avoid it like the plague).

kanook
November 23, 2009, 07:28 AM
If your in North Florida, stop at the Gander store on I75. Go to the gun section and start looking at the muzzles. Look down at the floor and notice all the divets in the concrete floor that match the dents on the muzzles.

Doesn't matter if it's a $250 used or a $2000 new. Most are damaged. When questioned on why no carpet to protect them you will get a shruged shoulder and a "I don't care" look.

rellascout
November 23, 2009, 11:15 AM
They are the Walmart of guns except that they are way overpriced. Most of the guys in their gun sections that I have been in have Zero knowledge and do not care.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trigger locks at Gander Mountain" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!