Review: Magpul UBR, Aimpoint T1 with Larue LT724 Offset Mount, BCM Gunfighter Mod 3

PDA

Bartholomew Roberts
November 22, 2009, 05:04 PM
Recently had a chance to try out some new gear that I have been wanting to look at. I took some pictures and did a quick review over at TFL. Rather than reformat all the links, I'll just link to the article for those of you who are interested:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385824

I'll try to stop by and answer any questions when I have the time or you can post them in the thread there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Review: Magpul UBR, Aimpoint T1 with Larue LT724 Offset Mount, BCM Gunfighter Mod 3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mags
November 22, 2009, 05:16 PM
Nice reviews, was really impressed with the Larue offset mount. Too bad I don't have 2k to spend in optics to utilize the mount.

Bartholomew Roberts
November 22, 2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks, glad it was of use to someone. The Aimpoint T1/LT724 combo costs $637 - though I imagine you could buy the mount separately and mount an H1 in it to save cash. The concept also works with scopes besides ACOGs, so you can definitely get in under the $2k mark.

Not sure; but it might be possible to make the mount work with a cheaper mini-red dot like the Sig-Sauer as well. I'll have to give it a try next time I get my hands on the SIG sight.

Avenger29
November 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
Not sure; but it might be possible to make the mount work with a cheaper mini-red dot like the Sig-Sauer as well. I'll have to give it a try next time I get my hands on the SIG sight.

Not worth it. The sig dot is truly a cheap POS.

On the T-1 package vs. buying an H-1 and offset mount separate...
LaRue's mount packages are typically well priced compared to buying the optic and mount separate. LaRue's H-1 offset package costs $604, vs. $637 for the T-1 package that Mr. Roberts purchased. Compare that to $542 for a naked H-1 and $608 for the T-1 at Optics Planet. That offset mount alone sure ain't going to cost less than $100.

If you enjoyed reading about "Review: Magpul UBR, Aimpoint T1 with Larue LT724 Offset Mount, BCM Gunfighter Mod 3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!