new toys 8mm and hmr

PDA

ssbn731g
November 23, 2009, 01:17 AM
well, I have added two more to my collection.

I just picked up a 8mm Mauser s146g for 400.00 , all #s are matching.

I also made off with an savage hmr 17 for with scope for 200.00

I will get some pics up in the next day or two. I took them out yesterday and enjoyed firing them. the both hit where I was aiming...thank goodness

If you enjoyed reading about "new toys 8mm and hmr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
November 23, 2009, 11:01 AM
clean the 17 thoroughly ; at least twice in the first 50 rounds- copper is you enemy with these, so don't let it start. Then, try several diff rounds, including 20 grainers, Sometimes Savage prefers the 20's. Lastly, the 17's can take quite a while to come around; I have known some dudes rifles to take over 300 rounds, before the groups started to really shrink, so be patient.

Col. Plink
November 23, 2009, 11:39 AM
I have an 8mmMauser (Czech VZ-24), you'll have a ball with yours I'll wager. Lots of cheap surplus ammo out there (got mine w/free shipping from AimSurplus), and with a bottle of Montana Xtreme bore cleaner you don't have to have an extra procedure or even solvent on hand to take care of corrosive deposits and all other cleaning needs.

If you enjoyed reading about "new toys 8mm and hmr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!