9mm Magazines

PDA

Bullit13
November 25, 2009, 12:59 AM
I was recently browsing an online site where I found 30 round magazines for Beretta 92, what affect if any would it have shooting "continuos" 30 round mags thru the handgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
zombienerd
November 25, 2009, 01:17 AM
Well, if you shot 5-6 magazines of 30 in under 2 minutes, you'd probably need a new barrel...

Blowing through 30 rounds in 15-20 seconds and waiting a minute or two before the next mag would most likely be fine...

The Beretta can take some abuse, but if you're talking about getting 10 magazines to fire as fast as possible, you'll probably need a new gun after that.

Justin
November 25, 2009, 01:31 AM
I seriously doubt that five or six thirty round magazines shot rapid-fire style would damage the barrel enough to warrant replacement.

Nick5182
November 25, 2009, 01:43 AM
I don't think so either. Have you seen Todd Jarrett do the Hot Gun Challenge? Where he fires 1,000 rounds continuously out of a factory stock Para-Ord. 1911? I know it's a different brand of gun as well as different platform, but wouldn't it essentially be the same thing? I know I've put 400 rounds through my 92fs in about 5 minutes, and although the barrel did get VERY hot, the weapon still performs flawlessly- No reliability or accuracy issues whatsoever.

zombienerd
November 25, 2009, 04:04 AM
Maybe I underestimated the 92 :)

The 10 mags comment has been seen. Lets just say that a friend did something which at the time was questionable, and has since been proven illegal burned out a 92 with 300ish rounds in a very short amount of time.

The barrel was slightly red when he was finished, and he was not willing to try shooting out of it again. He bought a new barrel and slide. Who knows, it might have been fine.

However, it was firing a "bit" faster than you'd probably go with rapid fire.

I won't get any further into it than that.

jonnyc
November 25, 2009, 06:18 AM
To answer the OP...no adverse effect at all..other than you would go through your ammo way too fast and not hit anything you aimed at.

johnnylaw53
November 25, 2009, 06:39 AM
why in God's green earth would anyone want to?

be safe

John Parker
November 25, 2009, 06:58 AM
Video

This guy was my team leader during my first tour...notice that he has no clue as to what he was doing.
He had taken his 30-rd magazine out numerous times before even test firing it. Serious clown. Needless to say, he didn't last too much longer with us. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/user/haplaedus#p/a/u/0/bWMw8PLmv98

So, this has greatly inlfuenced my belief that 30-rd magazines for the Beretta are all junk, when that is probably not the case.

psyopspec
November 25, 2009, 07:05 AM
what affect if any would it have shooting "continuos" 30 round mags thru the handgun.

Depending on what you like in firearms, it could increase the level of expensive, yet harmless fun you have at the range.

Justin
November 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
why in God's green earth would anyone want to?

Never shot an IPSC hoser stage, have you? ;)

Oldnoob
November 25, 2009, 12:10 PM
Don't know about damaging the barrel but a friend of mine shot through 200rd in a very short setting with his M9 and the barrel got hot enough to actually leave a burn mark when he accidentally touch it. Since then, he hate that half naked slide on 92/M9.

Personally, I don't trust any of those 30rd super extension mag or drum mags. But if just getting them for range fun. I don't see the hurt of it neither.

Onmilo
November 25, 2009, 12:24 PM
What effect would there be on shooting 30 rounds continuously in the Beretta 9mm?

Whith the quality of the turd magazines offering this kind of capacity, the result would be a jam about every fifth round!:D

Big Mike
November 25, 2009, 04:19 PM
I did this when I owned a Beretta Brigadier; it proved my aim and technique "0" %.

+1, what psyopspec said.

billybobjoe
November 25, 2009, 09:48 PM
Just pee on your gun and go back to shooting.

Bullit13
November 28, 2009, 02:50 AM
Thanks to all who had logical answers, these were purchased at a low price, were made of metal and came with a 1 year warranty.

Average Joe
November 28, 2009, 01:48 PM
Now comes a fortune in 9mm ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!