Makarov Magazines?

PDA

nelson133
November 25, 2009, 07:16 PM
Looking at a commercial .380 Makarov. Will the 9x18 magazines fit? If not,could someone point me to a source for .380 magazine that are not Promag? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov Magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rex B
November 25, 2009, 07:21 PM
I read recently that Maks use one magazine for both calibers.

DaBull
November 25, 2009, 09:16 PM
Standard capacity Mak mags will accept .380 or 9x18mm cartridges.

RockyMtnTactical
November 25, 2009, 09:54 PM
They both use the same mags.

Luckily, when I bought my Mak, I was able to buy a couple of spares from makarov.com, but the makarov magazines have not been easy to find in recent years... Not sure where would be the best place to find them. Maybe gunbroker or something like that...

nelson133
November 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the responses.

TehK1w1
November 26, 2009, 04:31 PM
They can often be found at the larger gunshows, at least around here. It takes some looking, but they are out there. Around here they are now running about $25 apiece.

RX-178
November 26, 2009, 11:03 PM
http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmaccessories/magazines/makarovmag.htm

These aren't originals, so not sure if they work well (or at all). Has anyone here had experience with them?

paddling_man
November 26, 2009, 11:22 PM
They don't have a very good reputation on the Makarov forum, though I don't have first hand experience with them.

frankt
November 28, 2009, 09:38 PM
I bought one and put 50 rounds through my Commercial Russian mak and it performed great during that range visit.

It fed fine and also locked the slide back every time.

paddling_man
November 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
Gun shows are still a good bet. I was at a TINY gun show today - maybe 40 tables? Maybe? I got two Mak mags - one East German and one Russian. $18 and $15 respectively.

hammerklavier
November 29, 2009, 11:29 AM
I was at a gun show a couple years ago and dropped by the magazine guy's tables. I asked if he had Makarov magazines. He said "yes". I asked how many he had. He asked "How many do you want?" If you go to Dixie gun shows in NC you probably know the guy I'm talking about.

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov Magazines?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!