Longer barrel for Glock 17

PDA

Remington
December 2, 2009, 02:04 PM
I have searched the net but cant find what i am looking for,so i am hoping you can help me.Does anyone know if someone is making a dropp in replasement barrel for the Glock 17 that is 10" or longer?

If you enjoyed reading about "Longer barrel for Glock 17" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
geronimo509
December 2, 2009, 05:52 PM
I tried to look, but didn't see anything.

The cat is probably dead, but WHY?

Darthbauer
December 2, 2009, 06:10 PM
This company says their going to be making some but I would not hold my breath.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/Hera.htm

The Lone Haranguer
December 2, 2009, 08:09 PM
I am unsure what a ten-inch barrel would accomplish. Yes, it would impart extra velocity to the bullet, but because the slide length remains the same, your sight radius is unchanged. The extra weight of the barrel all up front may also cause functioning problems, since it has to cam up and down when the pistol cycles.

Remington
December 3, 2009, 03:17 PM
I have one of these on order,and i thought that if i am going to make it a sort of rifle i might as well have a longer barrel for it to get a bit more reach.
Is my thinking wrong?

http://www.caatactical.com/viewProduct.asp?ID=267&catID=376

belus
December 3, 2009, 04:22 PM
It'll be a short-barreled-rifle and subject to NFA tax and restrictions if you're in the US.
edit: Saw you were in Norway, never mind.

Otherwise I'd make a phone call to an after market company and see what size their blanks start at. If all else fails you could buy a 17L barrel (6 inches).

glockman19
December 3, 2009, 06:34 PM
I don't know why anyone would want one.

There are longer Glock 17 barrels that are threaded made by companies like Storm Lake of Lone Wolf.

Remington
December 4, 2009, 07:20 PM
Thank you for your replys. I have thought about putting a silencer on it,and that is probabely what i will do when i get the money to afford it.

Ranb
December 5, 2009, 11:58 AM
A longer barrel keeps the slide locked up longer on Browning type actions. When I put a seven inch barrel on my 1911, I had to use an 8 pound spring to get it to cycle. Silencers used on Browning type actions frequently use a recoil booster to ensure reliable operation. I think the combination of a ten inch barrel and silencer on the end will be too much to semi-auto operation on a Glock. When I put a form 1 silencer on my Browning HP, I have to use an 8 pound spring cut down an inch to get it to cylce.

Ranb

Remington
December 5, 2009, 03:53 PM
When i get around to putting on a silencer it will be on a standard lenght threaded barrel.The 10" barrel was just a thought to get a bit more velocity and reach from what would in essence be a short barreld rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Longer barrel for Glock 17" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!