Hawes western six shooter

PDA

dirty dave
December 3, 2009, 11:53 PM
Have a Hawes Western six shooter JP sauer & son .22 revolver. Looks like a larger caliber gun with 22 inserts in barrel and cylinder .The firing pin about half in lower to strike a 22 shell.Odd looking gun does not look like a regular 22 heritage or small frame hawes.and nneed a ejecter rod any advise would be great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hawes western six shooter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MatthewVanitas
December 4, 2009, 12:44 AM
About 30 seconds on Google got me these:

www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=103

www.gun-parts.com/singleactions/

I've used both of these sites before to track down parts for similar firearms. Do factor in shipping cost though, because to stay in business selling $5 parts they do have to put in some S&H costs.

owlhoot
December 4, 2009, 02:50 AM
Dave, I ordered one of those revolvers from a magazine ad. back around 1960. Mine was made by Sauer but it wasn't imported by Hawes. The cost was $27. As you have probably discovered, the gun is mostly pot metal. I shot mine a good bit, but worked the action a great deal more (perfecting my quick draw). In less than a month the gun was completely worn out. Nothing worked. Everything wiggled. I tell you this so you will not do as I did. If you just shoot the gun, and cock it gently, and don't play cowboy with it, it will probably last awhile. Have fun.

dogngun
December 4, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have had the JP Sauer SA revolver in .44 mag and it was a really solid well made revolver, just about 40% larger than a Colt SAA. (Had 2 over the years.)
I guess some of the .22's were not so well made.....

mark

MatthewVanitas
December 5, 2009, 02:26 AM
Hold up, there were some small-frame (3/4 size?) .22LR revolvers, and also some full-size revolvers with chamber sleeves for .22LR.

Is yours steel or alloy, best you can tell?

dirty dave
December 5, 2009, 02:28 AM
Steel, full size with 22 sleeves.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hawes western six shooter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!